Chapter 5, The Past Will Always Haunt.

Chapter 5 ,

Katelyn

         "Katie please stop putting that frown on your face? You're too cute to ruin that beautiful face of yours." Joshua said to me as we sat on the supply room floor organizing the soccer, football, and tennis balls to their carts.

I sighed inwardly. Joshua was right. I needed to at least stop being so moody. It wasn't healthy. Although it wasn't my fault. I've been really sad ever since that afternoon I tutored the new guy. The really cute one named Nathaniel Reed. Ever since he left my house all anxious and frightened I couldn't help but wonder why?

Things were fine during studies and tutoring. Except for the occasional spacing out and rubbing his head in anticipation, although I doubted it was because of excitement but more like he was having an internal battle with himself.

"He hates me." I said, finally bursting into tears. Tears that I had held for this whole entire week that Nathan has ignored me.

"Oh my god. No no no." Joshua quickly pulled me into his arms as I cried on his warm chest.

"I am so pathetic crying over a boy who I don't even know!" I sobbed. "A boy who I tutored and find so cute. Ugh!" I groaned and held the collar of his shirt in a tight grip.

"Nathan?" He asked, obviously catching up to why I've been sad this whole week. "You've been mournful this whole entire week because of the new guy?"

I nodded and wiped a few tears away as I looked at him. "On Monday when I tutored him he was so genuine and sweet and then all of a sudden he just grabbed his things and said he had to go. Now every time I see him in the hallway with Tyson he won't even give me a second glance. Like if I never existed." Joshua was rubbing circles in my back to comfort me. "The worst part was how he asked Mr. Evans for another tutor."

His eyes widened. "He did what?!" I nodded and looked down as I strongly tried to hold back these pathetic tears. "His new tutor is Dylan Archer." I sobbed.

Joshua's mouth dropped. "I can't believe him. He has the most gorgeous girl for a tutor and he goes and changes her for a dude?" He shook his head. "He's such an ass. I sensed that the jocks would turn him into one of them. I'm not surprised."

I shook my head. "I don't wanna talk about him anymore. I don't even know why I'm crying for him he's just a guy I found to be really sweet and funny but—" I shrugged and looked at him. "—I guess people change at the snap of your finger huh?"

He snapped his fingers and did the gayest head nod ever which made me laugh. "There's that smile!" He said cheerfully and tickled me.

"Ah!" I screamed as his fingers made contact with my sides. I laughed and suddenly felt tears. I couldn't even explain how happy Joshua makes me. Honestly, without him I don't know what I'll do.

Nathan's POV:

I laughed at Dylan who made a joke about Tyson's suppose one night stand.

"What? You didn't like her pu—" I instantly cut Dylan off as he was talking. "Ew. That's gross, I'm eating."

The whole table erupted in laughter while I simply grinned. "Like you never had some, reed." A deep voice came from the end of the table. I noticed it was Dean Humphrey from the basketball team. He had blonde curly hair with a face that had all the girls sitting in our table gawk. I rolled my eyes. Especially with his british accent I'm not surprised he's bagged most of the girls in this school.

However the mention of sex just made me cringe inwardly. Then flashes of the girl with brown hair kept replaying in my head which made me jump out of my seat as the bell rang.