(3) Settling In

Chapter 3 - Hannah's POV

‘Don’t wake me up up up up up up’ Chris Brown sang right in my ear. I sat up slightly, rubbing my eyes groggily. Ha, what a song to wake up to. I jumped out of bed and went to the bathroom. I had a quick warm shower and then came out after wrapping a towel around my body.

“Hmmm, what should I wear?” I mumbled to myself as I looked through the clothes in my suitcase.

I wanted to dress nice and smart but not too smart. After looking for 10 minutes I decided to wear a cute nude lace, flower print dress with some plain black flats. I also out on some heart shaped studs with a pretty bracelet. I had a nice black plain bag with a half golden shoulder strap. I quickly straightened my hair and looked at myself in the mirror.

Hmmm, what am I forgetting? Oh yeah! I forgot to put on my glasses. I pulled my glasses from the bag and wore them. They had a thick black frame, I guess they looked like the typical nerd glasses. Yesterday I didn’t put them on because I had contacts on. I don’t really like contacts because they’re uncomfortable but yesterday I just felt like wearing them.

I guess I better be leaving now to go to Uni. I grabbed my suitcase and went down the spiral stair case. It was hard since there were 2 suitcases and they were both really heavy!

I went outside and I was greeted with James. “Good morning miss, would you like me to take your bags to the car?”

“Yes please and call me Hannah.” I replied while giving him the bags.

He put the bags in my new car which is a white BMW 1 Series. From now on I’ll be driving myself. After I said goodbye to James I was off to my new Uni.

I was quite nervous but I was trying to focus on the positive. The journey to the University is 1 hour long so I thought; why not listen to some music? I turned on the radio and switched to Capital fm. ‘Can We Dance’ by The Vamps was playing. I love that song!

So for the rest of the journey I was just listening to music and singing along quite loudly. My friends and parents think I have a good voice but I think I sound like a dying raccoon. Maybe even worse. My friends just say that because they don’t want to hurt my feelings.

I drove into the car park outside the Uni and parked my car at the back.

I was walking into campus with my massive suitcases looking for my dorm room. Some boys would stare at me or even wolf whistle at me when I walked past. I just kept walking looking for dorm 263. Finally, I found it and unlocked it. It was on the 3rd floor. There are around 5 dorms on this floor.  

 As I walked in slowly I looked around. There were two beds, two desks, two cupboards and 1 bathroom. I walked to the bed on the right and decided to unpack because well, I had nothing better to do. I really hope my roommate is a girl and that she’s nice. Oh, and she better not be a slob. I can’t stand slobs.

While I was unpacking and putting all my clothes into the cupboard next to the bed I realized that there is no kitchen. Where are we supposed to eat? I’ll have to ask someone later on.

After I was finished unpacking I laid down on my bed. It was more comfortable than I expected. I was just staring at the ceiling when the door opened. I quickly got up and sat down. A gorgeous girl came through the door surprising me and there were two adults following her. I think they were her parents because I could see the resemblance between them.

“Muumm, you can leave now.” So I guess I was right about them being her parents.

“Okay fine!” Her mum sighed, she then squeezed her into a really tight hug. “Bye Cassie, I love you! Make sure you take care of Noah and that Noah takes care of you” her mum said squeezing her again.