(6) Food Is My Best Friend

Chapter 6 (Hannah’s POV)

‘Baby when they look up at the sky, we’ll be shooting stars just passing by, you’ll be coming home with me tonight’
“AND WE’LL BE BURNING UP LIKE NEON LIGHTS!”

My eyes snapped open. What? That wasn’t Demi’s voice. See if you haven’t noticed already I have different songs waking me up every day. Why, do you ask? Because I love music; yeah I know I’m cool. I groaned and sat up on my bed and my first sight is very hyper Cassidy jumping around and singing along to my alarm. I had to bite my lip to hold back a laugh, but as soon as she turned to see me, I burst into laughter for a good 5 minutes with tears rolling down my face.

“You-you should’ve seen your face! Oh my God, that was the best way to start the morning! You should do that more often!” I panted, trying to catch my breath.
“Hahaha. Very funny Hannah. I’m glad you find me amusing” Cassie said sarcastically whilst rolling her eyes. She then turned away from me.
“Aww don’t be like that, I love you” I spoke with my best puppy eyes.
“Argh I can’t resist those eyes!” She exclaimed.
 I snickered.
“But, you’ll love me even more when I tell you you’re running late so you might wanna get ready babe”.

If I wasn’t full of energy then now I would’ve been; I ran to the bathroom and had a quick shower and then dashed into the bedroom and saw that Cassidy had already decided my outfit for me. Thank you Cassie I thought mentally.  It was quite warm today so I was pretty glad when I saw the navy blue skater dress. I quickly put that on, and wore some white flats. I wore some accessories and left my hair wavy. I wasn’t kidding when I said I don’t have any bad hair days. I just applied some mascara, eyeliner and glossed my lips. I checked my appearance in the mirror and found myself looking quite cute. My dress fell mid-thigh, my legs looked quite tanned due to being in LA for so long and my makeup looked quite natural.

Satisfied with my appearance, I checked the time and saw I had 7 minutes to get to class, so I grabbed my white shoulder bag and ran to my lecture. I only had one lecture today so I was thankful for that. I walked into my Design Technology room and saw that I had nobody I knew in this class. I sighed and dropped my bag on one of the seats near the back and waited for this stupid teacher to arrive so I can get this lecture over and done with. I’m usually a good girl and I love learning but today I’m just too tired to do anything, I probably wouldn’t have got out of bed if it wasn’t for Cassie’s entertaining show. I chuckled softly at that memory.

The teacher walked in with a sour look on her face, oh no she seems like one of those cruel teachers. No! I’m already tired, I have a 2 hour lecture now and the teacher looks like a bitch who’s gonna make us work our butts off. Great; absolutely great.

“Now students, my name is Mrs James and I expect a lot from you this year. I want you to work hard and if I’m not impressed with your work, I will make you do it again. Understand?” The teacher said in a calm but stern voice. I’m pretty sure I heard a slight American accent. There were a few mumbles of “Yes Miss”.

“I said, DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!” She snapped.
“Yes Mrs James” We all responded in unison. I was right, she is a bitch. She reminds me of my old teacher in high school Miss Reason; she used to be like that too.

“Good, today I will like you all to design a few outfits for both genders. You’ll do that for the first hour and half. I want the designs in detail and colour. Then for the other half hour, I will show you some materials and I would like you to identify them and write down the advantages and disadvantages of that material. Get to work!”

I groaned internally; I was not bothered to do anything but I still did it anyways. I got out my paper and pens and started drawing outlines of both genders. After the hour and half I had 5 designs in total, two for each gender and one pair of shoes. For the one of the females, I had an aqua shade bodycon dress with intricate lace patterns and a small slit on the side.  The other outfit for the female was a simple black high waisted shorts and an oversized off the shoulder grey top with batman logos everywhere. I had also designed some tie-dye converses which had a retro look to them. For the males I designed some khaki coloured chinos and a blue denim shirt to go with it. The other design I made was a black suit that should have some shine to it, it would be a straight fit and would define abs of the male if they had any. Overall I was quite proud with them.