chapter 27

Ken POV

I just got back in my condo after my morning run. I went in my door got the remote control and turned on the TV, I like to watch morning news. I went to my fridge and got the carton of milk, I also got a glass and pour the milk in it. I drink it straight, then I checked my cellphone. I've been calling Raine since yesterday but she haven't respond. I hope she's okay because for the first time since Rhia's engagement, I did not receive a call from MK telling me I need to pick up Raine because she's dead drunk. Raine does not know na ako lage ang nag pick up sa kanya from MK's bar at hinahatid ko siya sa bahay nila, she does not know and remember dahil lage siya lasing na lasing pag sinusundo ko siya. I don't mind because I would rather know that she's safe and home than stay there in the bar, drunk at mapag tripan ng mga ibang lasing.

After I finished my glass of milk, I took off my sando and did my push ups and sit ups then I went straight to my restroom to take a shower and get ready for the day. After 45 minutes and I am ready to go to work. Papasok na ako ng kotse ko when I received a text message from Raine. She texted me her new address so I told her I will see her in 30-45 minutes depende kung walang traffic.

I started my car, nirebolusyon ko ito, turned on my radio and picked my favorite playlist from my ipod. Put on my ray ban and I was ready to go ng bigla tumunog ulit ang phone ko akala ko si Raine ulit pero nagulat pa ako ng nakita ko ang pangalan ng natawag sa akin.

MADAM CALLING

Ken: hello

M: She already knows

Then she hanged up.

I was staring at my cellphone for good amount of time after she hanged up. That was Raine's mother. Raine already knows, well that explains why she was not picking up and her new address. If she is mad enough to her mother for her to move out, I am sure I will face hell when I get there. Wala na akong pakealam, I have to face the consequences of my wrong doing.

I look my self at my rear view mirror.

"Be a man KEN! Gumawa ka ng mali panagutan mo!"

Ni rebolusyon ko ulit ang aking kotse at humarurot na ako papunta sa bahay ni Raine. After almost an hour dahil sa traffic nakarating din ako sa bago niyang bahay. I parked my car in her spacious driveway, turned off my car and got out. I checked my self out sa passenger mirror, I straighten my self. Actually pinapatagal ko lang ang seremonyas ko bago pumasok.

My throat is dry and my hands are sweaty. I approached the main entrance door. I was going to knock but then I saw a button for the door bell. I cleared my throat and pressed it. After a few minutes bumukas ang pinto at nakita ko si Raine wearing her night dress and covered her self up by her bathrobe. Hindi ko alam ang sasabihin ko sa kanya. Naka titig lang siya sa akin, parang tagos hanggang kaluluwa kung maka titig siya. May pumatak na luha sa kanyang kaliwang mata at bigla naman niya ito pinunasan. Tumalikod siya at tumakbo papalayo sa akin kaya hinabol ko siya. Naabutan ko naman siya agad then I hugged her from her back. I can hear her crying and I can feel her tears na pumapatak sa aking kamay. I tried to comfort her and I whispered in her ear "I'm sorry" several times. It took her a few minutes to stop crying then hinarap niya ako at tinulak papalayo sa kanya. Kinuha ko ang kamay niya at pag harap niya sa akin ay bigla niya akong sinampal.

Ken: I'm sorry Raine, I was a fool and stupid to believe that I can have you pag wala na kayo ni Rhia. But now I know na hindi niyo kayang dalawa na mawalay sa isa't isa. Both of you were miserable when you guys were apart. Aayusin ko toh, pangako.

She stared at me for a couple of minutes.

Raine: So ano ang nalaman mo?

Ken: I will explain it to you next time pero may meeting ako with Joe and Mr Salameda Sr. in an hour. I will fix this. Magkakasama kayo ulit.