Chapter 17: Many, many thanks.

Before I start this chapter, whenever I make a chapter with the weekend in it, then it's going to be a bonus chapter.

I woke up, with a headache and it was pretty bad. I couldn't even think properly, hopefully it'll go away eventually. Once I get up, I immediately leave my bedroom because I didn't want to be alone. Once I got downstairs, there was a whole leap of people outside my door "Lavender honey." says mom "the police wants the interview to go by in the morning so we could get going with our day." Mom looks around and drags me to the basement. Once were down in that dark, damp basement she says "I want you to remember that people criticize you of what you say when you speak to the public. There will be reporters out there who will try to throw your game out play. I want you to really pay attention to the questions they ask you. If you don't know, admit it, don't try to build a sturdy wall." 

"Okay."

"You understand me child? Please, take this seriously."

"I got it mom."

"Good, may God be on your side." I nod and I head upstairs and go out the front door. Then everyone is urging to see me and a billion cameras are in my face. I try to calm myself by looking for the news reports I'm familiar with, but sadly I'm don't watch that much TV. I only watch TV if I'm terribly bored. 

"Miss Evans, was Mr. Brant your friend?" one of the reporters say.

"Yes, we were." I say, but I got chills saying that, it was complicated. 

"How did you feel when he died?"

"Heart-broken, he was an amazing friend and I can't imagine my life without him."

"Oh, could you describe a time you guys had together?" Oh, shit. I can't stall. 

"Um, we were telling each other secrets?"

"Miss. Evans is that a question or a statement?"

"Ques- no, no,no. Statement." I'm screwing this thing and this is only one reporter. This reporter can't ask me any more questions or else I'm going to lose it.

"Anyone else?" I ask fearfully. 

"I have one." says a female reporter. "were you too ever dating?"

"No." I say to rapidly. Hopefully that didn't cause suspicions. What does this have to do with Noah's death?

"Okay, could you describe your relationship with him."

"We were great friends, and we always had time for each other." Huh, I'm getting used to this. 

"Wow, you guys sound great. How did you two meet?"

"We met at school. I saw him across the halls and I..." should I say that I thought he was cute. Maybe not, because they'll think I'm lying about our friendship. "knew he was new to the school I go to. So, I ended up being his friend." 

"What school do you go to?" 

"I go to Compurtain Middle school."

"That's a couple kilometers from here."

"Yeah." I say and smile, then another reporter comes in and says "Miss. Evans, do you know the death of Mr. Brant was murder or suicide?"

"No, the way I found out he was dead was when I was walking with my friend to this terrible neighbourhood, and there was this hideaway I saw and my friend opened the body bag and we foud him dead."

"So you weren't there when he was dying, am I correct?"

"Yes."

"This friend of yours, you mentioned led you to a bad neighbourhood, is he Mr. Brant's fried too?"

"No, but they were, that's how he knows the location."

"Do you know why Mr. Brant goes into this neighbourhood?"

"I don't know."

"Does your friend know?"

"I'm not sure."

"Okay, is your friend the boy who were going to interview in the afternoon to see if what you're saying is legit?"

"I..I don't know." I say terrified, is Derek going to be interviewed in the afternoon? 

"That's all Miss. Evans thank you for your candor." says the scary reporter and everyone leaves and I run into my house. Mom hugs me immediately when I got in. "Honey, you're a natural."

"That was the most scariest experience of my life mom." I say crying into her clothes. 

I took a nap after crying because that's what I do after I cry. When I woke up, I went on Instagram thinking that it might get my mind off Noah but I was dead wrong. I looked at the most trending thing on Instagram and the first thing is me talking to the public from this morning. Plus, second was Derek talking, so it was him who they're interviewing in the afternoon. I read the comments and I was so shocked of what I read. People from my school, are practically saying everything and they're saying that 'oh what Lavender said isn't true.' and ' they weren't even friends to begin with.' The worse thing I saw was 'All Noah wanted was to be her girlfriend, and she kept shutting him down.' I was expecting majority of these comments to be from Heather or Carly, but it wasn't. It was everyone around the school. In fact, I don't even see, Heather and Carly's usernames here. I get off the app as soon as possible and delete the app once again from my iPad. I went downstairs to see Derek being ambushed with a bunch of questions. He definitely took it better than I did, it looked like he was a professional politician because he lied about a lot of things. 

It's officially night, and I don't want to go to school tomorrow. Good thing I didn't lose Derek because if I did, he's throw me under the bus big time. I guess I have a good amount of friends, hopefully. I tug on my iPad as tightly as possible.

                                                                                                                Author's Note

I actually started getting into this story around now, I'm exciting for the next chapter. I have the whole story planned out, so I'm going to close the window for ideas. But thank you everyone for helping me become more successful in my writing. P.S I'm so close to getting 100 views. So thankful, thank you so much. See you in the next chapter you wouldn't want to miss it, I guarantee it.