Ch.4 Mistake

We ran to the door down the hall and could hear the shouts of a rather angered Karkat.

"GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME YOU BASTARD!"

"Come on karkitty....not even a little small purr?"

"DONT FUCKING TOUCH ME YOU PERVERTED DOUCHEBAG!"

"Karkitty....mutherfucking karkat man...quit saving up and give unto me.." I hear Gamzee mumble a chuckle and then I hear a crash and a thump. I glared and moved the boys back. I kicked the door down. Behold the bullshit I would kill Gamzee for. Karkat was sprawled on the floor a cut on his cheek, a black eye, bruises on his arm, his pants undone, and tears at the corners of his eyes. Gamzee pinning him down holding a broken bottle in his hand with a creepy looking smile on his face.

"Back away from Karkat now you fucking freak," I hissed. He ignores our presence as if we were not even there and leans close to Karat. I took my shades off and tossed them to Dirk. As soon as Gamzee's lips reached Karkats neck I raised up my foot and forced it to his side hard enough to make him crash to the wall.

"I thought i made myself clear. Back off you fucking creep," I growled. I helped Karkat up to his feet and noticed scars on his hands, and even on his neck. I frowned and moved him over to the others just in time to turn as Gamzee throws a fist to my jaw. I ducked and spun with a kick knocking him over. He growls and stands up and goes over to a cabinet. He opens it and grabs a red club. He turns and gives a loud cackling laugh.

"Hey Strider....ever since that mutherfucking day...you beat me up I have been waiting to get you back for some mutherfucking revenge! But I held back....cause someone else was whooping your helpless ass at home!"

I felt my blood boil the moment those words spilled from his grey lips. I pulled out my pocket knife and held it tightly.

"Helpless....? Haha....i hope you know I am not helpless...considering I kicked you ass...remember?" I smirked and lunges at him slamming him to the wall. He laughs and knees my stomach; he grabs a handful of my hair and lifts my head up to look st him.

"Mutherfucker you couldn't even fight your own attacker...me..is nothing....! Honk honk honk! Mutherfucker!" He shoves me back and swings his club hitting me upside my head. I stumble over feeling a warm liquid glide down my face. A ringing in my ear. He laughs about to hit me again, but then Dirk rushes in and tackles him to the ground. I fall back feeling a dizzy spell breaking in. The world disappearing just when something hits my back. Someone caught me. I tried to keep my eyes open, but it was no use. Everything suddenly disappeared to a dark void.

My eyes opened once more and when I look around I'm standing in my old room again. This nightmare was always reappearing. My shades were gone, but this time no one was in the room. I was all alone. I noticed the space closing in on me. The corners getting closer. I felt like my lungs were ready to burst. I COULDNT breathe. It was suffocating. I fell to my knees clutching my neck when I felt something warm on my hands. I looked down and there they were, fully covered in blood. I took in one quick breath and everything vanished.

Everything but the screaming of my name.

"Dave! Dave! Wake up you fucker!" I heard.

I sat up fast taking in a deep breath as I started panting majorly hard. I looked around with my eyes and moved my hand to my neck. Nothing was there. I sighed and laid back in my hospital bed. I looked over and saw Dirk sitting beside the bed.

"Hey lil bro you doing alright?" He asked. I nodded a bit, but regreted it afterward just as a mad headache swarmed over me. I closed my eyes tightly allowing it to pass on by and sighed.

"W..what happened....?" I asked.

"I managed to knock out gamzee...so don't worry about him...Karkat was taken to the hospital and had himself checked over. The doctors only found old bruises and scars and possibly an old cut under his eye....they say that he may have been getting some sort of abuse for months possibly longer..."

"Dammit....." I held my head in my hands and clenched my teeth.

"It's not your fault man...dont even start. You collapsed with that blow to your head from that club. Kurloz managed to take them though and burn them. Karkat we took him home, he's there now just resting and possibly collecting his thoughts...."

"Is he now...."

"Yes. Bro is on his way to see you..."

"I thought he would hwve been here by now..."

"Actually dude...Dave you've been passed out for like two days. That blow to the head did you good man..."

"Shit...." I sighed again and closed my eyes. I opened them immediately when the nightmare from before flashed by my eyes. I refused to relive that one. It was just suffocating. It was just...completely and totally an empty void. I was alone. Wait, at the time I felt that I was alone. Even though I had my brothers and my friends; I still felt alone. I covered my eyes feeling a few tears forming. Dirk must have noticed because he places a hand into my hair and gives a small sigh.

"Dave...you'll be okay...alright? You're not alone...ever. I'm gonna head home okay? If something happens I will be here in a heartbeat and you know it,"

I chuckled lightly,"Yeah...I know..." I said quietly. He ruffles up my hair and leaves the room. Once the door is shut I finally move my arm, and by then the tears are all dried up behind the walls that block their overflow.

"God....I'm never alone huh....if that's the case....why the fuck do I feel like..it's just....a lie? What's wrong with me...?" A question I pondered for years. A question that I never managed to answer. It was a question I kept asking whenever Ronalds finished beating me and I would never say a word. That was my mistake. The biggest mistake of my life.