May all be revealed

A week had passed since the game night and I haven't been in the best shape. More like I'm sure I have lost weight, my arms are pretty sore. I've been wearing jackets now a days, which keep my scars hidden. I can't help it. I need to speak to someone. But I can't really allow myself to speak to anyone. However, there was one person I could speak to about anything. She knew of what was happening to me before Karkat ever did. And no one even knew about it. Today after work I decided to call Rose up so we could talk.

By the time it was nine o'clock, she finally arrived to my apartment but what I didn't expect to see was her girlfriend Kanaya, and with them Terezi and Karkat. I kept my eyes away from him and looked at Rose.

"Come on in," I say stepping aside. A hiss sounds from behind the couch. Did I forget to mention I bought a black cat? I named him Jasper, after Rose's dead cat which she didn't mind.
"Hey Jas don't be hissing at guests man you're cooler than that," I picked him up as he purred and curled on my shoulders. He was pretty big and long so he always loved to sit on my shoulders. As soon as everyone walked in I closed the door and locked it with a padlock I installed. I was just that paranoid.

"Go ahead and sit down guys, I got Doritos pop tarts or any other snacks you want. Also have water, apple juice, orange juice, and soda. Pick your poisons," I said as I took out all of the food and drinks.

"Do you mind if I make my tea?" Rose asked.

"Sure I have a teapot," I said and took out a red tea pot from the cabinets.

"I didn't expect you to have one,"

"Dirk says Jake likes having tea when he's stressed, so I decided to give it a try and it actually works when I need it to," she handed me her tea making materials and I made her tea. We let it sit as we sat down with the others. The entire time my expression didn't change. It was pretty stoic.

"I hope you dont mind that we brought Terezi and Karkat. They are both clients at the moment. And since you had asked rose for assistance I believed it would be best to allow them to come over," Kanaya says.

"Sure it's cool," I kept glancing over to Karkat from the corner of my eyes. He was keeping his glare away and just staring elsewhere. Terezi was holding her cane and was practically getting used to her surrounding by sniffing the air.

"Well...would anyone like to start a conversation? To help them release any hidden emotions?" Rose asks as she pulls out a clipboard, a piece of paper, and a pen.

"What is this Dr. Phil?" I said.

"No...but I have no problems with Dr. Phil, do you?"

"Hell no I actually binge watch when there's nothing else on t.v. man,"

"Is that so? Well then you should not have a problem with how we do things then Dave,"

"Yeah yeah sure just continue," I said waving my hand.

"Thank you, now Terezi care to speak first?"

"Sure thing! Since I know cool kid and karkat won't speak up hmph!" She said folding her arms.

Everything she was mentioning was all about her previous relationship with Gamzee. And how she just wants to get her cane and just run it up his sorry ass. I laughed a bit at that part. Then she started talking in a more serious way to the point of tears. She tried to talk to her mother and sister at home but then never really listened fully to her problems like Rose and Kanaya and Karkat did. We all gave her hugs and little pieces of advice here and there. I gave her some skittles. Then it was my turn or Karkats.

"Well boys....you two in particular...we need to get this worked out..."

"No." Karkat says immediately.

I glanced to the side and sighed.

"Karkat! This is now Rose's court! So you will let everything go! You too David Elizabeth Strider! Order in the court!" Terezi shouts slamming her cane on the floor.

"Thank you Terezi, now Dave...you first roll up your sleeves now."

"What? Why should I?" I said folding my arms.

"Roll them up or else," she says with a calm smile on her face that screamed terror.

I sighed giving up and instead removed my long sleeve shirt having been wearing a tang top underneath. My arms were now bare revealing every cut. Old or new since I got here.

"There..." I said.

"What the fuck.....?! Dave! What in the absolute fuck?! Why?!" Karkat jumped up and grabbed my tang top pulling me to him. His eyes screamed worry, fear, and a sense of pain. Dis it hurt him that badly?

"It's a really long story....Karkles....." I took his hand and moved it away from me. I turned around and stared out the window of the balcony of the living room. I folded my arms. "I tried to hide everything...in order to protect everyone I cared about...and in the end I only screwed everything up even more...." I turned to them and looked at Karkat. "You wanted to know the truth. Well...now...I'll tell you.....but when I do...don't...don't...try to change any part of mind..because at this point murder will only free me..." I leaned on the wall and started from the beginning. The very beginning. All the while Rose sat listening, but her eyes kept moving toward my cuts. Kanaya was also fidgeting as well, and I know that she just would like to hold me like a baby. It was her nature. She was a motherly type. Terezi sat there munching on Skittles, not surprised on anything except my cuts which she could smell. Karkat was clutching his pants. He kept listening to every word. And right when I got to the part of the story involving the shooting three years ago, i felt myself choke. I was on the brink of tears. My eyes were stinging. I held them back. Then I started apologizing to Karkat for leaving, for being an idiot, for being a fucking scared little bitch. If it hadn't been for me he wouldn't have ended up with Gamzee like that. Right when I mentioned the recent events at the hospital of what I was given by the nurse, I felt anger rising. When I finished explaining the room was silent.

"Thank you for sharing Dave...." Rose says quietly.

"Karkat...go ahead and-" she paused and looked at him. "Karkat?"

He was holding his head tightly eyes clenched tightly. Red tears started spilling and he stood up crying. I frowned and turned around. I didn't want to see him cry. But then a lair of arms wrap around me from behind. And tears started to soak my shirt.

"You....you..fucking prick.....! Don't ever let me forget the fact that i love you...ever again!" He shouts. I place my hands over his and held them tightly as he cried.

"I won't....I'm sorry....."