Ch.6 Hidden Secrets

That Night, the doctors had allowed for me to go home as long as I stayed inside and inactive. I agreed. I did not plan to go anywhere anyway. Dirk and Jake were sent as my personal body guards for the week. One who acted like a mother and one who just acted like a brother. Jake was pretty persistent when it came to me taking my medication. I almost forgot to take them before going to bed, but he made sure I remembered. And apparently he can cook. So there's also that. I sat in my room alone on my laptop. Due to everyone messaging me like I was on the verge of death or something. I was beaten down that badly was I? I replied to each one, but then I noticed a familiar name tag. carcinoGeneticist.

It was Karkat's name tag. I sighed and closed the laptop shut. I really didn't know what to do with myself. And real horrible urge was creeping up in my being. An urge I hated with a passion. I got up and went into the bathroom and took off my shades. I leaned over and rinsed off my face before checking the mirror. My face seemed pale and restless. I chuckled at my reflection.

"Well Dave...you look fucking dead as hell..." I laughed a bit and sat on the toilet lid. My fingers fidgeting as I kept cracking them and wrapping them around one or another. I couldn't resist it anymore. I went into the drawers under the sink and pulled out a small box. A black box. I opened it and took out my red box cutter, filled in with a fresh blade. I held my breath and let it go as my body shook. I rolled up my sleeve and saw the old scars from last year when I had a breakdown. I glided the blade over my arm making sure to not hit a vein. I glided it three more times and then stopped. I watched the red fluid from my body flow out and slide little by little down my arm. I felt my emotions dropping. Felt them being sucked into the cuts, and buried deep inside. Away from my heart. I kept going, and went up passed my elbow. I stopped and gasped realizing what I was doing. I dropped the blade and shook. I ran into the shower and turned it on sticking my arm underneath and cold water washed the blood down the drain. My heart racing like mad and my lungs completely out of breath.

"God what did i just do.....?" That night, I fell asleep and dreamt of nothing but the same things i have dreamt about over the passed three years. Nothing new. But now it was ever more terrifying.

By the time it was dawn, I had gotten all the sleep I could manage to get in one night and got up. I placed on a long sleeve T-shirt resembling the shirt I use to wear, of broken disc. The sleeves red and the rest white, with the image in the center. It was a classic look for me. I went out into the hall only to be immediately greeted by a pair of gay dudes who were shirtless. I sighed facepalming with my shades.

"Sup Bro," Dirk says. Meanwhile, Jake is blushing really hard.

"Dude...bro...put a shirt on....Jake too man.."

"Can't handle our bodies man? We are damn hot,"

"Yeah okay, put a fucking shirt on you prick," I said with a laugh. He laughed and fist bumped my forehead before walking off. Jake runs automatically after him with only a good morning to me. I looked back as they left to the guest room, and frowned. It's my secret for now. The thing I did last night, I will never tell. The thing I did. It's my secret.