Sudden truth

I sat there in silence as the video played. My hands were up against my lips as my fingers hanged down below the palms. I needed to focus. I need to figure out what the hell happened to me. I can't remember anything that night. Was I drugged? What was put in the bottle? I felt a pair of arms wrap around me tightly. And felt a slight purr erupting so close to my skin. I slowly looked over to see Karkat with his arms wrapped around me. I frowned. And felt the gazes of everyone around me. Eventually I look up and Bro has a kitchen knife jabbed into the counter, Dirk is tense all over, Jake is glaring down, Roxy is frowning her grip on a bottle of vodka loosening, Rose who covers her eyes, Kankri who only shakes his head not wanting to see it anymore, Cronus with his eyes closed. John was just trembling.

"I can't believe he fucking....did this..." Dirk says out loud.

"I don't remember it..." Everyone turns to me. "I don't remember any of it...." My voice cracks and that's when I realize my eyes were spilling waterfalls down my cheeks. "Why can't I remember anything?! Why can't I remember all the other shit he probably could have done to me?!"

"Dave calm down. Shut up." Karkat says pulling my face up by my cheeks. "Listen to me. We will get this guy and if at all possible probably kill him and his ugly desperate cheating wife,"

"Karkles...."

"Dave listen to him. We will get through this. You're not alone. Never. You're never alone. Please understand that," Rose says. Roxy throws her bottle out the window and shouts.

"And stay out!" She runs over to me and hugs me tightly. "Don't worry Dave! We will help you in anyway we can!" She cries with tears streaming.

"Everyone is willing to help you Dave. And please don't run away again. When you left nothing was the same. All behaviors of our companions completely converted to things far worse than any kind of behaviors they had before. And that is saying something, considering all of our actions are quite psychotic and idiotic to add," Kanaya says.

"What's the second video...?" Dirk asks.

"I dont know...I never looked at it..." He takes the camera and clicks on the video his eyes widen. The date. The year. Was this a joke? Or was it real? He sits with everyone and presses play.

Four adults are sitting in one room. There's Ronalds and his wife. Then across from them are two other adults. A woman and a man. Both with blonde hair. Dark brown eyes. And dressed in regular everyday clothing. It looked as though they were talking. But then the men stepped up arguing back and forth. What were they arguing over? No one could tell. There was no sound.

Dirk pauses it.

"Hold on...isn't that...?" He turbs to Bro who looks over at the image.

"Let's clear up the video and find out," he takes the camera and turns it off before removing the memory card. He slides his laptop over on the table and inserts it. Within moments he calls everyone over. Dirk and I are the first to look. Bro clears up the image a bit and stops at the faces of the other adults.

"That's....not....possible.." Bro says.

"How...the date...."

"Hold on Dirk let's think, we were not there when dad died. And we knew he had a lawyer for something. He never said what. But the day he committed suicide, we were told that by everyone. Even the babysitter..." Bro says.

"Yeah but the lawyer if that's her how did she fucking live? Are we sure this is actually them?"

"Let's keep watching. Dave you were pretty young so no hard feelings bout leaving you out of the discussion,"

"It's fine...press play,"

He nods and does as told.

The two men continue to argue. The women with them stop them. The one with the other man stands and leaves after whispering to him before leaving frustrated enough to slam the door. I held my breath as the video kept playing. Ronalds wife stands as does Ronald. But then just as it gets close to ending the sounds comes back on. And the voices are clear.

"Listen here Strider. We made a deal and you can't leave it. You signed a contract,"

"A contract that's completely fake, and is possibly being used to screw over a lot of other people. Ronalds. You are pursuing a political position, so why are you lying and acting like these are just games? It will follow you and ruin your chances. I'm willing to keep quiet if you keep to your side of the deal and pay back every single cent I gave to you. If not...your secrets and lies will be exposed to the world and your chances of winning any election will falter,"

"You won't get the chance of day," Ronalds pulls a gun out of his pocket, his hand now holding the gun with a napkin. The other man glares and Ronalds wife scoffs and walks off out the door not giving a care about anything. The other man moves, but limps and tries to grab the gun. He's struggling. And Ronalds notices this and hits his limping leg. The man groans in pain and falls to his knees. And then.....

BANG!

The gun goes off. He wipes off the gun and sits it into his hand loosely and growls as he walks out. The video ends.

We are all silent. Dirk is staring at the floor. Bro is silently cracking his knuckles. I'm trembling with anger to the core. This was all planned out. Everything. He was not going to stop. Not until he wipes all of us Striders off the the face of the earth. I turned to everyone else. They were staring at us with complete concern filling their gazes. I turned back Dirk and Bro. They nodded and I nodded back. We had to kill this bastard before he kills us or our friends.