three

Two days later it was Monday. I needed to work today. At exactly three o'clock I arrived at the bowl hall. Kate was sick today. I didn't wanted to say I was happy with that because that would be mean. I didn't read the book Antoine choose for me. I hadn't enough time for it Saturday and yesterday I totally forgot because I hung out the whole day with Dana.

I took of my jacket and walked to our desk. I exchanged with the two colleagues, Emy and Britt, who worked before me. They were happy I was there.

"Good luck," one of them said when the left.

"Thank you," I said while I looked through some orders I had to do.

It wasn't that buzzy. I made some snacks and gave them to the people who ordered them. They were happy I brought them snacks. I had to sweep the floor again so I started with that because only one group of people was bowling.

When I was done I sat down behind the desk. The group of people left and I was alone in the bowl hall. Now I was disappointed I didn't brought one of my books. I grabbed my phone and started to play some boring game.

"Hey," I heard after a while.

It was Antoine.

"Hey," I smiled because I was happy I wasn't alone anymore. "Can I help you?"

"Of course," he said. "I want to bowl with two people."

But he was only alone.

"That's €8,-, please," I said while I gave him his receipt.

He gave me the money.

"Have fun," I said.

He didn't walked away.

"Why aren't you going to play?" I asked him.

"Because I want you to come with me," he smiled.

No one would mind if I played a game with him, right? I was alone here, except for Antoine so I could do this. No one would see it.

"You don't have to pay that for me," I said. "I can bowl for free."

"Then keep the money," Antoine said.

I didn't wanted that. Maybe I could give him the money back later. I stood up and walked behind from the desk. Antoine was already entering our names.

"You're first!" He said.

I grabbed a bowling ball and threw it.

"Shit," I whispered when I saw I only hit three cones.

Antoine began to laugh. My second try wasn't better. I only hit one cone more. Now it was Antoine's turn.

"I bet you can't do it better," I said when he was still laughing.

I knew he would do it better because it wasn't hard to beat this score. Antoine threw for the first time but he missed all of the cones. I began to laugh.

"What did I say!" I laughed.

Antoine looked at me with a mad face.

"Poor boy," I laughed.

He threw again but this time he hit all of the cones.

"You wasn't right," he said proud while he sat down next to me.

We played until our game ended. After that I went back to my desk because I didn't wanted to be caught. I was sure that, if someone caught me, I would be fired. I needed this job too much.

"You liked it?" Antoine asked while he sat down next to me.

I nodded. "Thank you."

"Thank you for what?" Antoine looked at me.

"For coming here. I was too bored," I said.

I wasn't lying. I really liked to be in his company. Not that I was in love with him but just as friend.

"I was bored too," Antoine smiled. "Tomorrow I'm going on a trip for a few days."

I hoped he wasn't away that long because I wanted to hang out with him more but I knew I couldn't hang out with him a lot because of my job.

"I'll be back at Friday." It seemed he could read my thoughts. "I've to play a match against Tottenham Hotspur."

I knew Antoine played for Atletico Madrid because my dad always wanted to watch soccer matches. He loved Atletico Madrid.

"Good luck," I said.

We sat down in silence. It wasn't an uncomfortable silence. We were both thinking. I was thinking about what to would happen when anyone would see this.

"Do you want something to drink?" I asked Antoine after a while.

"Water?" He asked.

"I'll get it for you," I smiled.

I went to the bar and grabbed two glasses of water. I didn't pay because water was free. I gave him one glass of water. After that my phone ringed. It was Emy, one of my colleagues who worked a shift before me. She asked me to exchange our shifts tomorrow. I said yes because that meant I had not to work with Kate tomorrow. After she hung up Antoine and I talked a bit and Antoine went home because he needed to be equipped tomorrow. I was alone again. A few people arrived at the bowl hall and I helped them. When it was eleven o'clock I went home. I was tired from this long day and besides that I needed to work tomorrow. I needed to wake up early because my shift started at eight o'clock in the morning.

j