When life throws you lemons use them for a strong drink

2 weeks later Manhattan, NY

Blanch POV

I have been in meetings all week and I am so glad that it is Friday. No more meetings till Tuesday 4 days recoup. I am so tired here lately I don't know what that is all about. It seems I don't have the strength to stay up late no more. I feel sorry for Scott cause every time we Face Time I fall asleep on him. I didn't even get a chance to talk to him yesterday. Then the girls want me to go here there and everywhere so all of my energy is zapped. As I was dozing off my phone started buzzing. I looked at my phone and it was Mourice.

"Yes Rice"

"Yo where you at?" He said

"In NYC you knew that Rice" I said

"I know that Ma what room are you in?" he said

"Huh you here?" i asked

"Yes and I am walking towards the elevators so can you tell me what floor to go to?" he said

"I'm in the penthouse stop by the desk so they can let you up here. They know who you are." I said

"Aight cool" he hung up

I swear this dude is still rude as hell. Ugh!! Now I have to get up and put on some clothes. If I walk out there with my shirt and lil shorts he go be looking. Oh well let him look. I don't feel good.

(Knock)

Dang what he do fly up here

I opened the door and I was hit with the smell of cologne. I immediately ran to the bathroom to throw up.

Mourice followed behind me holding my hair and rubbing my back. I guess he grabbed a ponytail holder off the sink because he put my hair in a loose bun. He grabbed a rag and wet it for me so I could wash my face. Once I sat down on the toilet he looked at me and asked me, "So you got something to tell me?"

'NO!" I said

"Your sure about that Blanch we have been down this road before so I know what you look like when you pregnant. So again do you have something to tell me?" he asked again.

"I am not pregnant Rice I just ate something bad earlier. I had sushi so I guess it made me sick." I said knowing that is not the case.

He looked at me and shook his head. "So we lying to each other now B? We been best friends for 13 years. Even though I did what I did to you I know you. I might have fucked up, but I know you. You were my wife I know how you walk, I know your smell and I can smell it on you. Only question I have is it mine?" he said.

"Look Rice get off the gas I am not pregnant. Now why are you here? I need to get some rest." I said

He said, "Well I came to see my daughter, but it looks like she ain't here yet so I will wait on her. You hungry? he asked

"Nah not really, but thanks. Make yourself comfortable I am about to go and take a nap. You cool?" I asked

He said, "I should be asking you that, but ok do what you gotta do. Since you got an extra room you don't mind me staying here do you?"

"Rice I don't know if that is a good idea my parents will be here in the morning so I don't know about that." I said

"Don't worry B I'll get a room on another floor you got me? he asked

"Nigga why you acting like you ain't got no money?" I said

"Cause since I am still married to you I might as well still use all the perks until we are divorced." he said.