Bounus Chapter!

Two weeks after I'm released from the hospital, and life is going great. Sure, I have to be careful of my arm. But I can handle a little pain.

Judy and I are officially dating, a fact we try to keep from Clawhauser, the gossip. We're not ashamed, we just want to learn to be together without questions and awkwardness.

~~•~~

A portly cloaked figure flipped on one light above a long table, where at least a dozen animals were seated.

He seated himself at the head of the table, and withdrew a leather bound volume from within the folds of his robe. "Let the Brotherhood of Cupids 324 meeting begin." He intoned, but a broad shouldered water buffalo snorted at him. "Come off it, Clawhauser! Why do you always make these meeting dramatic? Just get to the betting!" Rumbles if agreement rolled around the table and the cloaked figure drew back his hood.

"Aww, c'mon, guys! Now you've ruined the whole thing!" Clawhauser whined.

Chief Bogo snorted. He withdrew a thin stack of twenties from his pocket. "200 dollars says that Nick makes the first move."

"Nuh-uh!" Grizzoli contested. "He's a scaredy-cat. 250 says it's Judy." He slammed the bills down with a flourish.

And so it continued, with Clawhauser directing the bets.