1 ; meeting the new teacher

"Omg have you heard about the new English teacher?!"
"He's supposed to be super hot!"

I walk into the school hallway, an hour late. My converses squeaked against the newly polished floor and I chewed on my gum nervously. I walk into the main office and lean against the front desk, "Miss Rooney, I'm late."

"Yes dear one moment."
"I have to get to class, I don't have all day." I smirked.
"Alright Miss Bliss, go on, I'll sign you in myself."
"Thanks." I smiled sweetly but sarcastically.

I strutted out of the office and made my way to my first class; English.

I knocked on the door and waited for a response.

And there he was, the sex God himself.
"Hi, what can I do for you?"

Anything and everything.

"Is this..." I look at the room number on the side of the wall, "Mrs Haze's class?"
"Yeah-um, she retired on Friday so I'm the new teacher."
"Well, new teacher-"
"It's Michael." He smirks, "I mean um- Mr Clifford."
"Okay... Mr Clifford, I'm late. Wait, where's the class?"

I look into the room to see no one there.

"Year 11's have an assembly for half the period, they'll be back soon."
"Alright..."
"Do you want to come in? The assembly's not that important and it's nearly over."
"Sure."

I take a seat in the one closest to his desk.

"So Michael how old are you?"

He chuckles and puts his legs up on the desk.
"It's Mr Clifford."
"Uh huh - you look around 25."
"I'm 24."

Oh my gosh, he's perfect.

"How old are you, May?"
"It's rude to ask a lady that."
"But it's okay for women to ask men?"

He raises his eyebrows and places a pen in between his teeth, making my heart melt in my chest.

Michael was flirting, the way his body language was displayed and his tone.
"You know, the school has a uniform policy. You are at a private school, you shouldn't be wearing your skirt that high."
"Why were you looking in the first place Michael?"

He scoffed with a smile and dropped his pen on the desk.
"Let's just say-" but he was cut off by the kids swarming into the classroom.

Calum walks in; with Evie, my best friend, at his side.
I find their relationship cringe-y, I mean, they're cute and all but I could never see Evie with an A grade nerd.

He's alright though.

But back to Mr Clifford, his lips parted in a way that made me squirm in my seat, and his hands that caressed his wrists were pale and veiny.

"Okay, new subject."

Mr Clifford turns around to the board as everyone sits down in their seats behind me.

"Hey, when did you get here? Calum and I were looking for you." Evie whispers to me.
"I was late."
"Okay, well, how hot is this new teacher?!"
"Dibs."
"Ew, no, I will not have my 16 year old best friend fall for a 25 year old man."

I smile at him and stare as he speaks about To Kill a Mockingbird.

"He's 24."

||

Hiya so new book is up! I absolutely loved writing this chapter and many more to come.