17 ; breaking the news

I woke up in an empty bed, with daddy no where to be seen, I looked at the alarm clock beside the bed: 2:56am. I pulled on one of his shirts and walked down into the kitchen, he was leaning against the bench, staring at the ground in front of him.

"Daddy? Are you okay?" My voice cut through the silence.

He looked up and gave me a small smile, nodding his head, "I'm fine princess, go back to bed."
"I can't sleep."
"Just close your eyes and think about something positive kitten."
"I can't sleep without you."
"Are you tired?"
"No, not really."
"Do you want to watch a movie then?"
"I guess."
"Come 'ere." Michael holds out his arms.

I walk over to him and bury my head in his chest, getting a strong whiff of his aftershave.

"May, I need to tell you something, and you can't freak out okay?"

I look up at him, slightly scared, "what is it?"

A long moment pauses before he mumbles, "Someone knows."
"What?! Who?" I say, fear and adrenaline rising inside of me.
"I can't - they're not gonna say anything okay? That's a promise."
"Who is it Michael?"
"That's not what you call me baby girl."
"Daddy - please, tell me who it is."
"It's Calum." He sighs.

Calum? How the hell did he find out. God, Calum isn't trustworthy, for fucks sake Evie, the most goddamn trust loving person in the world, even she believes that he's cheating on her he must be untrustworthy. Evie lives for her trust, if she thinks someone's lying, she kicks them straight to the curb.

Fuck.

"It'll be okay I swear, if he says anything he's got no proof to back it up."
"But what if he tells Evie?! Evie is pretty much a lie detector in a human body! Shit Michael this is so bad, you can't trust Calum. Remember that time he said I was smoking? Yeah. That's how easily he cracks. Fuck, we're so screwed."
"Watch your pretty mouth kitten."
"Stop charming me! How is this not freaking you out?!"
"Because I knew this would happen! It's so cliche, of course we were bound to get caught. Don't get me wrong May, I love what we have, I fucking love it so much, but this was inevitable."

I get out of his grip, and let involuntary tears fall down my face.

I race back into the bedroom and crawl into bed. A few minutes later I hear the shifting movement of a body, Daddy.

"I'm sorry princess."
"What do you want to do then?"
"What do you mean?"
"Should we stop? Before something serious does happen."
"If that's what you think would be best."
"But what do you want."
"I want you May, but we're in a very hard situation."

He climbs into bed with me, then wrap an around my body, pulling me closer