16 ; caught

Michael

I brushed my fingers through May's hair, and gazed down at her bare back. Her face was placed on my chest, her mouth parted slightly and soft snores escaping it.

She reminded me so much of Lucy, maybe that's why I was so drawn to the imperfectly perfect May.

What we were doing was so wrong, technically it's what I'm doing, because I'm the adult and I truly understand what the fuck I've gotten myself into.

-

"Mr Clifford, could I speak to you?" Calum says to me. I stacked my papers and quickly sipped my coffee.
"Sure mate what's up?"

He holds one strap over his shoulder, his black backpack dangling down.

"I know what you're up to, okay, and you need to stop."

My heart beats quicker in my chest, and I'm sure I started to sweat like a pig.

"What're you talking about?" I say.
"You and May, you guys are gonna get in trouble." He says cautiously.
"Mate I don't know what you're-"
"Cut the shit, Mr Clifford. You're lucky it was only me who saw you guys in the car the other day, if it'd be anyone else they would've dobbed you in."
"Thank you for not saying anything." I say.
"I'm serious. I've known May forever, I don't want her getting hurt."

I frown, "are you her ex or something?"
"No, but she's always been a good friend, and I feel I better step up and look after her back."
"That's good of you to do Calum, it really is, but what May and I have going on is our business."
"Yeah well it won't be when you're in a jail cell and she's crying herself to sleep every night."

I sigh and nod while looking down, "Just keep this to yourself eh? Don't talk to Evie about it either please, I'll figure everything out."

"Fine, whatever, see ya sir."

||

But do y'all really trust Calum not to tell?