4 ; detention

After receiving those texts last night I was paranoid as hell.
So when I felt a tap on my shoulder I completely freaked out, "Woah May, just me."

It's Calum.

"Oh hey Cal, what's up?" I sighed.
"I just-uh needed your advice?"
"Um..okay?"
"It's Evie and I's two year anniversary tomorrow night and I don't know where to take her."

I suck in a harsh breath as I see Mr Clifford walk over to us.
"Teacher." I quickly say to Calum.

"Hi Calum, May." I smile at Mr Clifford.

"Hello Mr Clifford." Cal says.
"Is that a cigarette Mr Hood?"

Michael points to the cigarette behind Calum's ear, making Cal flustered.
"No-uh-yeah but I'm just holding onto it for a friend."
"Which friend?" Michael smirks.

I can see Calum panicking, and when he panics he says stupid shit.
"May." Calum blurts out.

My heart literally stopped beating as Mr Clifford's gaze fell upon me, his eyes dominant and demanding.
Calum mouthes a sorry and runs off.

"Is that true May?"

I couldn't bring myself to say anything, Calum was gonna pay for this.

"Detention after my class. Strictly no smoking or cigarettes on school grounds, am I clear Miss Bliss?" Michael says harshly.

"Yes sir."

-

"Now what do you think was the main setting in To Kill A Mockingbird?"

Evie raises her hand eagerly.
"Anyone else but Evie." Michael shakes his head at the class.

"May?" His eyes fall on me.
"I uh...I don't know sir."
"May do I have to make it a double detention after class?" He said sternly but I could tell it was flirtatious.

"Possibly." I mumble.

The usual loud, ear-splitting siren went off and everyone sprung from their chairs.

"See ya later May." Evie says to me.
"Bye." I mumble while staying seated.

I give Calum the death stare while he smiles at me.

Once all the kids piled out of the classroom and the door was shut, Michael leaned back and put his hands on his desk.

"Do you smoke?" He asked, breaking the awkward silence.
"No."
"Then why did Calum say you did?"
"Because he panicked, and when Calum panics he says stuff he doesn't mean."
"How can I know you're telling the truth?" He smirks.

Kiss me and find out.

"I'm not sure sir, i don't even smell like cigarettes."
He pushes himself off the desk and comes over to mine, leaning down to meet my eyes.

Michael sniffs, then looks out the window.
"You're right. You don't smoke."

"I told you."

Mr Clifford's face was only a few inches from mine, and I could feel the heat rising to my cheeks.
"Your skirt," He states, "it's too short."

"Again, why were you looking?" I smirk back.
"You're very smart aren't you May?"
"I have my moments."
"Have you figured out who your daddy is yet?" He smirked.

What? Again my dad died ages ago. His name was Marcus Bliss...what else do I need figure out.
Then it clicked. My anonymous 'daddy' messenger was Mr Clifford.

"That was you who texted me?"

All Michael does is nod with a sly smile, making me press my legs together. He inches closer.

"And pri-"
"Mr Clifford what is going on here?" Mrs Morris, our principal, says while barging into the room.

Michael backs away off my desk and stares wide-eyed at Mrs Morris.
"i caught May and her friend with a cigarette, just interrogating Mrs Morris, you know the drill.

My mouth dropped at his excuse, this was my time to tell Mrs Morris that my teacher was sending me texts referring to himself as my daddy.

But what if I didn't want to dob him in?
What if I let him be my daddy?

"May Bliss, smoking?"

I bowed my head in shame, "I'm sorry Mrs Morris, Mr Clifford, it won't happen again."

"I've got this Sheila." Michael nods while winking.
"If I hear about any more kids smoking at this school I swear I'm gonna go crazy..." Mrs Morris drifts out of the room, still talking to herself.

"Now, where were we princess?"

||

Damn daddy mikey get in there hunni