Deleted Scene - 12

Hya

The night Aric left, I lost count on how many times I regretted breaking up with him. Akala ko kaya ko but having to sleep in a bed half empty, not hearing his usual bathroom concerts, the sound of his electric shaver and even the small snores he makes. I realized, it was the smallest of things that made a big space in my heart. I missed him. Badly.

But whenever I think of what Doctor Lucas have told of me, pag naalala kong may sakit ako, I felt that that I still did the right thing and that was to let him go. The right things usually pays a lot of courage to do, and it isn't the easiest ones to make. Most of the times, it is the hardest and the most unbearable. It feels that way, somehow.

"Drew...iwan mo na lang yan diyan. Wala pa talaga akong gana kumain eh." I told Andrew to leave the food on top of the table. It was the third night that Aric did not come home.

"Hya, you need to eat. Dalawa na kayo ngayong kailangan ng sustansya. Ayaw kong di healthy ang magiging inaanak ko ha?" my friend tried to sound amusing.

"Drew..." I called on him and he slightly turned his head to look at me. May mga nilalagay siyang mga pagkain sa loob ng fridge namin.

I just stared blankly at him not knowing if I should proceed with what I want to ask.

"Si Aric? Of course he's not okay Hya, but he's trying... pero hindi ka naman siguro bulag at manhid na hindi mo magets ang ginagawa namin nila Kris at Brent sayo. We care for you pero ang lahat ng to eh pakiusap sa amin ni Aric." he sat down opposite the couch I was sitting on.

"Alam ko..." I answered.

"Kung miss mo na siya, bakit hindi mo siya pabalikin na dito sa bahay?"

"It's not that simple."

"Alam mo, dahilan lang yan eh and the choices you make. You choose to miss him rather than to be with him. Simple lang siya kung tutuusin Hya, binibigyan mo lang ng rason para gawin siyang complicated. At sa tuwing nagbibigay ka ng rason kung bakit mo siya namimiss, ibig sabihin mas pinipili mo ang buhay mo na wala siya sa tabi mo...nahihirapan ka lang, pero yan talaga ang gusto mo. At alam natin parehas na
hindi, di ba?" natahimik na lang ako ng marinig ko ang lahat ng yon kay Andrew.

I knew he was making sense and I did not. Sa kagustuhan kong hindi masaktan si Aric, mas nasaktan ko pa siya lalo.

"Hya, I am not telling you this because Aric is my friend dahil kaibigan din kita at alam kong nahihirapan kayo pareho. Magusap kayo, pagusapan niyo kung ano ba talaga ang mas importante sa inyo ngayon. Dahil sa nakikita ko, parehas kayo ng isasagot...ang isa't isa." he gathers her keys and was stepping out of the door nung humabol pa siya ng isa "You obviously love each other so much kaya magbalikan na kayo at iniistorbo niyo na kame." he says laughing at the end. "Sige na, kumain ka na. Eat your dinner. Espesyal yan, luto mismo nung namimiss mo."

After Andrew left, I stood up and walked to the table where he left the paper bag with some containers inside. Oo nga, it's not the usual food that he is bringing here for the past two nights. Amoy Pochero, kumalam agad ang sikmura ko. I took it out and the rice that came with it.

Sa pinaka dulo ng paper bag may isang Mp3 player at maliit na sulat.

"Happy Monthsary Love.
I miss you and our baby.
I love you. 😢"

Damn. It's 15th of the month. Monthsary nga pala namin ngayon. I started feeling guilty for forgetting. I never forget things like that before.

Sinimulan ko ng kumain ng kanin at beef pochero habang in-on ko ang Mp3.

There was a long pause before I heard Aric cleared his throat and started the chords on his guitar. It's new to my ears. The intro, it feels sad right away and when he started singing, I cried instantly.

He's hurt.

My Aric is badly hurt because of me.

🎶Hindi magbabago
Pagmamahal sa iyo
Sana'y pakinggan mo
Ang awit ng pusong ito
Tulad ng mundong hindi tumitigil
Sa pag-ikot
Pag-ibig di mapapagod
Tulad ng ilog na hindi tumitigil
Sa pag-agos
Pag-ibig di matatapos🎶

The song finished and so did my rice and Pochero but by tears kept on falling.

A/N

We are few chapters to the end of Hya and Aric's story. Thank you all for reading.

I love to read your comments and thoughts so let me know what you think about the story. Please use #RMTW #Wattys2016 if you are on Twitter.

Thank you! 😘💙