Why Did This Day Even Happen!?

I woke up to an empty side of the bed. I rubbed my eyes and sat up. "Laurance?" I called. It was still dark out and I couldn't see anything. I didn't hear a response or anything so I turned on my lamp which only illuminated about half the room. I set my feet on the floor and walked to the door. I opened it and walked around upstairs.

"Laurance?" I called again. I felt a cool sensation run through me. I shivered and hugged myself tightly. "Laurance."

"I guess a simple car accident can't get rid of you now can it?" A very recognizable voice sneered. I squeezed my eyes shut.

"You're not real."

"Of course I am (Y/N). I'm always watching you... waiting for the right time to strike. I guess all the times were never right. And I see you're pregnant now."

"Go away."

"I wonder how Garte would react knowing that both his only daughter and his soon to be first granddaughter are dead."

"That wasn't my fault. Why are you going for me?"

"Of course it's not your fault that your father killed my wife. I'm just trying to return the favor to him... only in a more painful way." I shivered again.

"You almost killed your own son, he'd forgotten everything."

"It's a small price to pay for getting revenge," he said materializing in front of me. I backed up into a wall instantly. He stepped closer to me.

"Please, I'll do anything," I begged, "just don't hurt Lilac. She's still very, very innocent."

"Begging, I see. I like it when weaklings beg. Maybe do it some more."

"Weak?" I twitched. I felt Lilac moving, only this time it hurt. I winced and fell back against the wall. I let out a shaky breath. "What are you doing?"

"Just making you feel exactly what I felt." She started moving more violently, to the point where it felt like she could possibly be breaking me open.

"STOP IT!" I screamed. "JUST STOP!"

"Wake up (Y/N)!"

My eyes snapped open and I saw Laurance crouched in front of me, holding my head up slightly. I looked around at my surroundings, there was light which made me feel better. I was at the end of the hall laying on the floor next to the wall. I sat up quickly and looked over Laurance's shoulder with my hands lit bright purple, and a snarl painted on my face. There was no one behind him. "Are you okay? What are you looking at?"

"He was there Laurance, and he was hurting us, you were gone, he was threatening me, and, and, and I didn't, I couldn't-"

"Listen to me. You were dreaming. I woke up and you were walking to the door. I thought you'd waken up, but when I followed you, you started calling my name and then you just stopped, then you were talking to no one, and then you started screaming."

"No, listen to me. Travis' dad was there. I swear, he was right in front of me, and he was telling me he'd kill his own son, just to get revenge and, and, and," I broke down into tears and he pulled me into a hug.

"Your okay now-"

"He threatened Lilac!" I cried harder. He grabbed bunches of my shirt in his fist.

"He won't hurt either of you, over my dead body."

"Laurance you don't know what he can do, he was the one who got us into the car accident, he confesed and... Laurance," I stopped crying and whipped tears away. "Laurance I'm scared. I don't know how to stop this."