Because I Love You

Two months later...

I woke up in the cell again. I felt dizzy and sick. It was really humid and sticky. I reached up. "Laurance. Where... where are you?"

"Feeling good?" I groaned. "Get up." I tried to get to my feet, but my arms and legs wouldn't let me. He grabbed me by the hair and pulled me to my feet. Then dragged me out of the cell to the "torture room". He threw me on the table. "Let me see your wings." I didn't budge. He slapped me across the face. "Show them to me!" I rolled onto my stomach and let my wings spread out. I felt a poke in my back as he shoved a needle into my back. He strapped me down to the table and I whimpered.

"Travis," I muttered. I felt him slap me again. I felt sick as I tried to lift my head. I heard a loud shink. I felt sudden panic raise in my chest. Travis! Travis! Help me please. Tears welled in my eyes. I tried to pull my wings back in, but they couldn't hide. I heard the footsteps pounding as he came closer. I felt the cool blade on my back and screamed as he pushed down.

Travis' P.O.V.

"Laurance!" I yelled as I burst into his house. "Where are you!?"

"Travis I don't need your crap right now!" He yelled from upstairs. I bolted up the stairs. I burst through the bedroom door. Laurance was huddled over a book.

"What you got there?"

"A scrap book. I guess she's been hiding it from me. It all pictures, from high school, Christmas, New Years, when we first came to MyStreet."

"Laurance-"

"Just stop. I know what you're gonna say. I need to get over the fact that she's gone."

"Laurance. She's not. I think I know where she is." He slammed the book closed and looked at me. Eyes red.

"What?" He asked angrily.

"Listen we need to hurry these two months have just been child's play to my dad, he's gonna start getting serious. First thing to go... wings."

"Lets just go then!" .

"Hold up, we need Garroth, Katelyn, Zane and Aaron."

"Why?"

"My dad's not the easiest to kill."

"I'll get Aaron and Zane you Katelyn and Garroth. Meet me here in five," he growled. Then we ran our separate ways.

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

I felt tears streak my face. My wings were gone, the pain was unbearable. I leaned my head on the cool metal table. "Laurance..." I coughed as the dust settled in.

"Still hoping that maybe Prince Charming will come save you?"

"Mm," I muttered. He placed his hand on one of the nubs left from my wings. I winced as pain shot through me. More tears fell from my eyes. "You won't get away with this," I hissed.

"Oh I will, because I know your friends are still looking for you, especially that Laurance guy. He just won't give up. I believe he's headed this way with my son right now." I smiled with relief. "Along with some friends, Garroth, Zane, Katelyn, Aaron?" I started to feel sick. Then there was a knock on the side of the wall, behind me, which I think had a door on it. I was feeling disoriented and dizzy. Then there was a slamming noise. "What!? I didn't sense another presence anywhere near here!"

"Let go of my sister!"

"She's already as good as dead!"

"Let... her... go!"

"Vylad! Get out of here!" I cried.

"No. You don't know when to stop, so I'm gonna have to stop for you!"

"He'll kill you!"

"Shut up!" A stabbing pain went through my gut as he shoved a knife through me. I let out a mangled scream. Warm blood poured out of me and there was a heavy pounding in my ears. It was heavy enough for me to miss all the slamming and breaking of tools and weapons as Vylad and Valkrum fought.

Laurance's P.O.V. (lots of switching😛)

We stood outside of a... mansion? Um nah. Travis started at the door hesitantly. "What is it?"

"I haven't been here since... never mind... it looks like someone's already been here." Travis mumbled.

"Lets go!" I said. Then marched through the door that laid on the ground, ripped off its hinges. "(Y/N)!" I yelled.

"What are you doing!?" Aaron hissed.

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

"(Y/N)" I heard.

"LAURANCE!" I screamed as loud as I could. I heard footsteps as loud as the pounding in my ears. I heard a single crash and I looked to my right and saw Laurance standing there. I smiled and felt tears of relief welling in my eyes. He ran to my side and cupped my face in his hands.

"You're alive!" He cried. I managed to nod. "Oh my Irene! How did you manage to knock him out?" I shrugged.

"Laurance. The knife," I muttered. He looked down and gasped. He pulled the knife from my gut and let out a shriek. He went to utie my hands, but someone yelled at him.

"Don't!"

"Travis! What's gotten into you!"

"Look at her shoulder blades."

"What in Irene happened here!" Katelyn snapped.

"My wings," I breathed shakily.

"Travis we've got to get her to a hospital, now."

"Just wait a second," he said walking around the room. I leaned my head on the cool metal. I felt arms wrap around me and I screamed in pain, then they released me. I started hyperventilating.

"(Y/N) are you okay?" Zane asked. I grunted in response.

"What the hell's wrong with you?" Garroth snapped. I glared at him, tears still stinging my face.

"What the hell's wrong with you," I said through gritted teeth.

"Got it. Not a good time," he gave me a thumbs up.

"Travis! What are you doing?"

"Looking for her wings! And I suggest you help me!" He snapped. Laurance and Garroth started searching through cabinets. Zane stood by my side. He rubbed my arm gently.

"The floorboards," I whispered.

"What?" Zane furrowed his eyebrows together.

"Check the floorboards."

"GUYS! SHE'S GETTING DELIRIOUS!"

"No! Wings... under floorboards!" I said. My vision went dark.

I woke up screaming. Pain spread through me. I tried to thrash, but I was still on the table. Tears continued to streak my face. I felt a hand grab mine. I squeezed their hand hard, then another hand reached out to me. I took it and squeezed that one too. Then the pain suddenly stopped, but soreness had spread through me. I let out a breath. Then the bonds around my hands and legs were cut loose and I fell into someone's arms. I felt weak and tired. "Laurance," I whispered. "Why'd you come save me?"

"Because I love you," he kissed my forehead. I unsealed the spirit realm and let Lilac back in. I smiled at the familiar feeling of her weight. Then blacked out.