Chapter 2

I jumped down the last few feet from the rubble, to the the ground. I gave them the same straight face I've given throughout this entire experience.

Within minutes we were stood outside the now abandoned looking library. It appeared abandoned, that is if you don't look at the windows where you can see people walking, talking, laughing. As if nothing had happened in the past week.

"Cameira," Farris spoke, I noticed Kai and Capri were already inbthe doorway, "Come on inside, most of them won't bite." He gave a slight smirk when he said 'most'.

I followed him into the Library where Kai and Capri stood near the checkout desk. Kai stepped towards me, leaving Capri leaning against the desk. Farris sat on a bench across from the desk.

"Follow me. We'll talk downstairs in one of the conference rooms," Kai said as he headed towards a large opened door with a sign that reads, 'Basement'.

+~+~+~+~+

"I understand you may have questions for me, but I also have questions for you. Do you mind if I ask mine first before we get to your questions?" Kai said as he grabbed a notebook, full of writing, along with a pen.

I nodded, "Of course, I don't mind," since when was I capable of acting so nice?

"Thank you, Cameira. Firstly, where did you come from? In other words, are you from here or somewhere else."

"I'm from here," I smiled at him, "Born and raised, here." Unfortunately.

"Okay. What happened before Capri, Farris and I found you on the rubble of the courthouse?"

"I was sick of hiding around my house. I was tired of being told what to do, and when I could do it. So I left, only about an hour before you found me."

"Rebellious. We could use someone like you, here. I have two more questions. First, what were you planning to do before we found you?"

I looked at the wall, thinking, "Well, Kai, I guess I wasn't thinking of details, but I wanted to find out what happened to Society and why I was suddenly being told to lock myself inside."

"Of course, and finally, what donyou plan on doing now?"

"Well, as of now, would you mind if I stayed here for a short while?"

A smile shown on his face, "Of course you can, I'll have Farris or Capri find you a place to sleep when we're done here."

"Thank you. Now, if you are done asking me questions, I would like to know what you know of what happened."

"Well, what do you know already?"

"All I know is that there was an announcement, where a news reporter was telling viewers some precautions, then she said something like.. 'If you don't listen, we'll show you how bad a simple newscaster can get.' Or something like that, and then she started shooting everyone."

"Was there anything, significant or memorable, about her?"

I thought back to her, she was a master at shooting. Everyone that died on camera was a headshot. She had very short, very dark brown hair. She was wearing a teal blouse that was soon red. Then I remembered.

"Her eyes," I told him, looking into his mismatched eyes.

"What about them?" He leaned in, interested.

"They were blue. But they different shades of blue. One was a very light blue, like the sky. While the other was dark blue, like the ocean."

"I knew it," He leaned back, sighed, and ran a hand through his dark blonde mess of hair, "Her name is unknown, even to her group. She goes by Blu. She's the leader of the Western Controllers. She'll do and say whatever it takes to get her way."