Chapter 17

xxx~ Photo is what I imagine Ivory to look like. ~xxx

I woke with my head pounding, a fiery pain on my wrists.

"Rise and shine, intruders," a woman with bright green eyes like the grass, and golden blonde hair like the sun, was looking down at me.

"Who are you?" I heard Kai ask, before my mind could process anything.

"My name is Ivory. I lead the Northerners. I don't want any trouble."

"Hello, Ivory. I'm Kai. I lead the Easterners. This wasn't the meeting I was hoping for."

"What meeting did you plan on? Killing me and taking over my group? I worke-"

"Look, that wasn't what I had in mind either. Please trust us. We can explain everything."

"How do I know you're not lying?"

"You don't. Just, please, hear me out."

"Fine. Talk quick."

"I'm the leader of the Eastern Controllers. This is Cameira, she's a very important person in our group. That man over there, is Darren, he's like a brother to her. We need your help."

"Why do you need my help? You're group is smart enough to work through your own problems."

"Yes, yes we are. But that doesn't matter. It's the Westerners. They want every one of my people's heads on a silver platter. They want to start a war and I just don't have the numbers."

"So you came to my group? Of all people? We focus on peace, not war."

"Listen, Ivory. Ending this war; it will bring peace. In order to achieve that, you've gotta fight some wars. We're just asking for your alliance when the time comes. We're not asking you to send everyone out all at once, we're asking for some people when we need it. Please help us?" I joined into their conversation.

"Cameira, right? If you're oh so important, then why aren't you being protected by more people?"

"Because, I'm not a princess. I'm a, heroine, as Kai would say. I'm a soldier; I fight my own battles, when it comes down to it."

"Hmm, independent. Brave. Charismatic. Strong, no doubt. The stories hold true. I've only heard little about you. But I like it. You're someone I would follow into battle. I'll help and join your little alliance."

"Stories?"

"Word travels fast, Cameira. You openly rebelled against Blu, were literally stabbed in the back and still survived. You fist fought Blu, and won."

"My real question is; how many people would you be willing to lose?" Darren speaks up from a few feet away.

"150. Maybe 250. Depends on how many other allies you get before the next battle."

"Thanks, now, can you untie us? This rope burn won't do well when I'm kicking Western a- er butt," I add in, reminded by the tight rope wrapped around my wrist.

"Oh, right, yeah okay," She smiled a bright smile and cut the rope lose, freeing mine and Kai's hands. She then cut Darren's.

"Thank you, for everything you've agreed to today," Kai smiled his crooked smile at her.

"It's my pleasure, bringing peace no matter the death count is what makes me happy!" She sarcastically smiled.

"When you put it like that we sound like total dicks," Darren said, while taking down a tent.