Chapter 11

xxx~ Aaaaannnd we're back to our usual broadcast! Thank you for tuning in! The photo is what Darren looks like! Don't say you weren't wondering what he looked like. ~xxx

     March 13th. I awoke to the sun beaming down on me and a plan burning in my mind.

      I heard the water running. Darren must of been in the shower. I heard the water turn off and I was too lazy to get up. I just pretended that I was asleep.

     Darren walked out with a loose pair of dark shorts and no shirt. It wasn't the first time I'd seen him shirtless. Alot of the men and boys take off their shirts during practice. Some of the girls even take off theirs and practice in their sports bras.

      "Good morning, Darren. This is quite a view to wake up to."

      "Hey Cam," he said it so casually.

      "You've changed alot since we met."

      "I guess I have. I've learned fron you Miss Vipes."

      "Yes you have, haven't you, Mr. McCalle?"

       "This is why I consider you basically my sister," He said as I stood up and began changing into my outfit of the day.

       I wore a shirt with the Western Controllers symbol on it. But I threw the black jacket I found in the woods nearly a month ago. I obviously had the Eastern Controllers symbol facing in.

       I threw on some not so skinny jeans and tied on my usual combat boots.

      The plan got even better and easier when Blu announced that groups were to be sent out tonight. She looked at me, smiled and thanked me for my services as a teacher. She had watched and tested my students at the last actual meeting.

     "Thank you Miss Cameira Vipes for teaching a few of my people your incredible skills. I cannot thank you enough. Although you were only able to train 75 students, I've had other people with similar skill teach some others. I wish I could say that the other students were as good as yours. I don't know what you said to get them to comply so easily, but I thank you once again."

        "Now, the 75 of you, you will be the first to begin the attack on the Eastern Controllers. I will dispatch another group soon after you. You'll be dismissed after lunch."

      I looked over at Darren and a few others sitting at our table, they all beamed knowingly back at me

      This couldn't have gone any better.

      All of us were sent back to our rooms to begin packing.  Once in the safety of out room, I hugged Darren.

      "This is so good! It's working out so well, I never thought we would make it this far!"

      "I agree, but Cam?"

      "Yes?"

      "I think you're too excited, you're cutting of my air. That's a crucial thing that I kind of need."

      I let go and just looked into his brown eyes that were full of a determination that wasn't there before.

     "You look so determined. I've taught you well."

      "You also look determined. You're gonna see him again, aren't you?"

     "I'm surprised you remember talking about him. But yes. I'm gonna see him again. I can look into his amazing green eyes and see his little dimple again."

     We somehow began dancing, and he spun me as I talked about Farris. We danced out of happiness that this was working out for us.

      We kept dancing, he wrapped me into his arms, I looked at him and I imagined Farris.