Chapter 8

I looked up at her, stared into her mismatched blue eyes full of fake joy. I still kept my fake smile, showing of my teeth. I've been here for not even 24 hours and I already want to throw myself off a roof.

"Shall we walk, then?" I asked her, breaking the 5 second silence.

"Well, of course, I'll show you the gathering room first," I nodded, faking enthusiasm, as I followed her up the small set of stairs.

"So, you plan on staying? I think tha-."

"I'm thinking about staying."

She grabbed my arm and tossed me to the wall, "Do not interrupt me. You and I both know that we're both faking all of this. So how about we drop the act, because you're joining the Western Controllers, no matter what you think."

Her right hand was holding me loosely by the neck, her left held my arms down, and she had a foot on both my feet. I find myself in this scenario quite a lot.

"Let me be entirely honest when I say that you need us. You're clearly too injured to walk all the way back to your precious little traitor that goes by the name of, hmm, what was it again? Oh yeah, Farris. We'll certainly greet him soon enough. We'll greet him alright, with guns blazing."

"Ho-."

"Shut up. You remember Baden? Let's just say that he didn't necessarily like you embarrassing him like that, and he came crying to us. And for Capri? She didn't prefer you beating her to a pulp, so she sent little cry-Baden back to us because she was too injured to come here herself."

She stared into my eyes, trying to see what was on my mind. You're not gonna find anything, I'm not spilling.

"Do you think Farris will still like you if he found out you were here, pinned against a wall by his old friend? Or would he throw you away faster than when you left because you can't get attached."

I have never been rendered speechless by fear, until this very moment. I couldn't speak, her bright blue eye contrasted deeply to her personality right now.

"What's wrong? Missing mommy, again? You gonna go cry? Who are you gonna go to? Farris isn't here, now is he, sweetheart."

"Don't call me that." I screamed, memories flooding my mind at the mention of that one nickname.

"Oh, you're gonna try and defend yourself now? I thought you were this cold, independent, hard to get girl, Cameira. I know everything about you; Mamas' death, what you've done with Farris, your personality. You name it, I know it, Cami." That nickname sounded like poison dripping off the fangs of a snake, and it had chosen me as its prey.

"You're pathetic! You're-."

"I'm healthy, an ideal weight and strength. You're the pathetic one here, Cameira. You're underweight, you're extraordinarily naïve, and you can't face your problems. Oh, isn't there one more thing? Didn't you get mommy killed because you got lost on your way home from school? Oh yeah, weren't you the one that led Jewel onto the bridge. You started the fight, if I'm correct."

At this point, my face was soaked. Tears were flowing freely from my eyes, and there was no going back now. Why couldn't some one walk in and save me from this torturously cruel woman?

I was trapped in her grasp, I couldn't do much. Wait, there is one thing.

I started screaming at the top of my lungs. She went to cover my mouth with her right hand; I bit her hand and brought my knee to her side. I grabbed hold of her other arm. I bit down hard on her, hard, tasting a metallic liquid. I pushed her and started swinging punches.