Chapter 22

Radhika walked on the edge of the hotel’s pool, she sat down with her feet dangling in the water and sighed as she savored the astounding feel of freshness as the cool water gushed by her feet, tickling, cajoling, and teasing them.  

She gazed at her reflection.

She wasn’t surprised to find herself glowing, bright and all alone. After all, the last had been but her resolution.

She flicked the water with her finger tips, trailing them lightly on the water, entranced by the way they clung to her, captivating her, sending through her a burst of happiness that she knew would last few minutes but would project this very moment straight to memory.

Didn’t life treat you in a similar fashion?

Warmed your insides till they melted and then, made it slip by leaving only sweet memories that proved hurtful as well as managed to bring in a smile. 

She tilted her hand and thought, wasn’t that the beauty of life?

It was stunning how life taught the very basic lessons of living, making her feel pleased, satisfied yet miserable, cheerless. She marveled at the fact, the way that life humbled you with this experience. One had to go through these circumstances to feel what she was feeling. She was more aware of herself; more in connect with her emotions than her surroundings. It was a bittersweet blissful moment.

Should she consider herself lucky?

Was she even right?

She didn’t know, didn’t care.

All that mattered right now was someone taking away this pain from her heart. She wanted to squeeze it away.

For a moment she could only blink, stunned by the sudden, vicious pressure in her chest. What was happening to her? Hadn’t she decided she wouldn’t feel hurt over him; she would forget and move on?

She fought for control as her nerves skidded mercilessly and her heart pounded heavily in her chest.

Her hands trembled.

 No, this was wrong.

This wasn't acceptable at all. She had taken a decision, her goals, her life; all was set. She did not want these emotions re-surfacing. She didn’t have any place for them, not in her heart, not in her life.

She'd been wrong, Radhika realized as she pressed an unsteady hand to her jumpy heart. She'd only been falling in love up to now. This moment, she was totally ‘into’ it. She closed her eyes.

She felt the pain shear her heart into shreds as she thought of what she could have had but never would. How she could have been still entangled with him in his sheets with his arms woven tightly around her.

No wonder, you could never ‘make’ love happen, it just happened. It chooses its own path, own journey, own destiny. One just follows it.