Chapter Two

Alice walked behind Thor and Tony with Loki at her side. The four went walking around the city, after driving in Happy's car, with Tony acting as their tour guide. Alice felt her heart race as Loki was walking beside her, a few feet away from the others. Being so close to her was driving her insane and she couldn't understand why, which Loki felt as well. He experienced a sense of urgency and had to stay close to her. If anything happened to her, he knew he would feel responsible and it irked him that he was not able to know why. The two just listened to Tony and Thor speak until Loki finally gathered the courage to speak.

"So, you've never met Thor?" He asked.

She was caught off-guard for a moment and chuckled lightly. His voice demanded her attention but she kept her eyes ahead of her.

"My dad said I did when I was little but I don't remember." Alice replied.

"How old are you?" Loki inquired.

"Twenty-five. And you?" She told him.

"One thousand and seventy-seven years old." He replied.

Her eyes widened and she looked up at him in shock. Her mouth hung open as she tried to make sense of his answer.

"You see, gods such us as can live for five thousand years. But, if it were to be estimated into the human lifespan I'd say my age would be about...a little older than you." He explained.

"Five thousand years? That's insane!" She beamed.

"It's how it has always been. But our citizens in Asgard do not have the same luxury. Only the gods do." He told her.

"That's a shame. If I lived on Asgard, I'd want to live as long as I can to get everything out of my life and the world. Wow, if I could live to five thousand years, I would never stop exploring." Alice spoke aloud.

"Well, living on Asgard is no longer an option for anyone." Loki stated.

"Why?" She asked.

"Asgard's dead." He replied casually.

"Oh." She whispered.

Loki saw how crushed she looked and he chuckled nervously as he put his hands into his pockets.

"Well, technically the realm itself is gone but we've re-birthed 'Asgard' in Norway on a remote island. So, it's still alive just not how it used to be." Loki explained.

He smiled as he listened to her speak. He wanted to know her better before any of their investigations started. Shortly after, they all stopped in a restaurant and Alice beamed with delight as Loki beat her father to the seat next to her. They soon ordered their food and as they continued to speak, they never took their eyes off of each other, much to Tony's dislike.

"And what do you do?" Loki asked.

"I'm training at the facility to be an on field agent. Right now I'm just an agent." Alice replied.

"On field meaning?" Loki questioned.

"Going on missions. Fighting off the bad guys." Alice chuckled.

"That's a very brave thing to do." Loki said.

"I've always wanted to do it. The thrill and the adrenaline is what I love. But it is nice staying there and doing research for the others." Alice explained, quickly glancing at Tony and seeing his disapproval.

"Is it?" Loki asked.

"What?' Alice snapped, casting her eyes back on him.

"Is it really nice just staying up there all day?" Loki inquired.