Chapter Four

"Just help us with this research. I have documents regarding the Tesseract and what they have observed from it as well as Alice's health records and test results." Thor told him.

Loki looked over the health reports and tests and couldn't seem to figure out what was happening with her. As the days went by, Loki watched Alice more and more closely. Most of her days she would train and work at her desk. If she were to ever go out, she'd either have an escort of a bodyguard or have an agent go with her. One day, to try and get to understand her more, Loki asked if he could escort Alice out into the city.

"Absolutely not." Tony told him.

"I think it might be a good idea." Bruce brought up.

"How? How in God's name is that a good idea?" Tony asked as he gave Bruce a death stare.

"He's with her one on one and it will be a more relaxed environment." Bruce explained.

"She needs to go out more and see her friend, Marilyn. It isn't good for her health." Natasha told him.

Loki raised a brow as Tony turned back to face him.

"Fine. But if I hear her tell me one bad thing about you from today, you're never taking her out again." Tony told Loki.

"I will not hurt her. You have my word." Loki spoke.

Alice was about ready to leave when Tony walked towards her with Loki.

"Who's taking me this time?" Alice huffed.

Tony motioned towards Loki and she scoffed as she shook her head.

"No. No, no, no, no. He's not taking me." She told him.

"Alice, it's for our research. Please, he needs to examine you to better understand your powers. He needs to monitor how you react to being in an outside environment with the powers. It's for your own good and ours." Tony explained.

"Then have one of the guards record me and send the video to you guys. I'm not going out with him." Alice scoffed.

"I can assure you, Alice, that everything will be fine. It will be like I'm not even there." Loki grinned.

Alice crossed her arms over her chest and Tony sighed as he walked over to her and pulled her to the side.

"Alice, please do this for us. For me. We want you to get better. And by doing that, we need to better understand what's going on inside of you. The only people that have some clue as to what's going on are Thor and Loki." Tony explained to her.

"Then send Thor." Alice told him.

"The extent of his knowledge on the Tesseract only goes as far as the realms and how they work. Loki has had contact with the Tesseract himself and the Bifrost. Please, trust me with this." Tony told her.

"He threw you out a window!" Alice exclaimed.

"That's in the past and we've all had to make our peace with what he's done. Thor explained to us what happened to him and we understand now. Trust me." Tony explained to Alice.

Alice exhaled sharply as she rolled her eyes.

"Fine. But you owe me, dad." Alice told him.

"Of course, sweetheart." Tony smiled.

He laid a kiss to her temple and watched as Alice and Loki left the building. The walk on the streets of New York City was awkward for the two of them. No one spoke or made any contact whatsoever. After some time, the two decided to speak at the same time.

"Oh, no, you go first." Alice said.

"No, you can go." Loki told her.

"Alright. What did my father mean when he told me that you had contact with the Tesseract and Thor had to explain what happened to you?" Alice questioned him.