Chapter Thirty

After Loki and Alice made their way to the palace and made her way to the healing rooms, Loki hurriedly made his way over to Thor's office.

"We need to talk." Loki said as he closed the door behind him.

"Well, good morning to you too, brother." Thor chuckled.

"This is serious. Thanos has the reality stone." Loki announced.

"How do you know? Did he come to you?" Thor inquired.

"He didn't have to." Loki scoffed.

"Loki, tell me what happened." He demanded.

"Alice had a dream where she had been taken to HYDRA and had to relive memories from her past. It was so real to her that she had an anxiety attack. After I finished calming her, there was a note on my desk. It said, Taneleer sends his regards. He has the reality stone, well, had the infinity stone. Thanos used it on Alice. I was fine with him coming after me but now he's targeting Alice and I will not allow that to happen anymore." Loki explained.

"I'm not sure if there is anything we can do. We both know we cannot reach his realm." Thor sighed.

"I got there once." Loki stated.

"That was because we created a wormhole in time that you fell into and it brought you to him." Thor chuckled.

"We? I don't recall being the one who destroyed the Bifrost that created it." Loki scoffed.

Thor rolled his eyes as Loki laughed softly.

"I think our best bet is to meet with Taneleer himself." Thor spoke.

"That is if Thanos hasn't killed him. He's been hiding the reality stone from him. To Thanos, that's a serious offence punishable by death." Loki corrected him.

"Well, we won't know unless we visit." Thor stated.

"I'll go." Loki said.

"You cannot go alone. What if Thanos is there? What if he follows you there?" Thor questioned him.

"Why would he? He already has what he wants," Loki replied. "I'll go and see what's happened."

"What about Alice?" Thor asked.

"Tell her you sent me off on matters of the realm. As I know Heimdall is most likely listening to this, I will say that if Alice goes to him about my whereabouts he will say you sent me to another realm. Vanaheim. Some disputes and whatnot." Loki explained.

Thor gave Loki a look and went to object before taking a deep breath and nodding his head.

"I suggest that before you go you should at least tell her this story. Say some goodbyes." Thor spoke.

Loki scoffed and took his leave. He made his way to the healing rooms. In the distance, he could hear some shouting. He then ran into the rooms to find Alice pressed up against the wall, cowering in fear as Eir and a few other healers were trying to calm her down.

"Get away from me!" She screamed at them.

Loki paced towards the group and hurriedly pushed the healers off of Alice. The moment he took her hand in his, she blinked and found herself back in the healing rooms. She threw herself into Loki's arms and sobbed hysterically as he began to use his seidr to calm her down. Eir watched him as he did so and furrowed her brow once Alice began to calm down.

"What did you do?" Eir inquired.

"It's anxiety attacks. It's hard to tell at first." Loki replied.