Chapter Seventeen

She bit her lip as she beamed with joy and bounced on the balls of her feet.

"This is so incredible!" She exclaimed clasping her hands to her chest.

Loki chuckled with delight, watching her jog ahead of him as she looked around. He had teleported them to the town square they had built. There was a large fountain in the middle and she rushed towards it. She looked over the edge and laughed seeing small coins in it. Loki exhaled slowly seeing some of the residents peek out their windows and close their blinds to see who was making the noise so early in the morning. He walked over to her and took her hand in his. She looked up at him and he loved seeing her so happy.

"I'll take you to my home. There you can settle your bags and sleep for a bit to catch up on the lost time." Loki told her.

"But I'm not tired at all." Alice sighed.

"Yes, but there is a time difference and I don't want you being exhausted when we're going to have a lot of work to do." He explained.

"Ugh, alright. But promise me when I wake up, you'll show me everything here." She told him.

"Of course I will." He grinned.

Alice clapped her hands together and couldn't help herself as she took Loki's face in her hands and kissed him sweetly. The two pulled back as the kiss lingered and they chuckled giddily before taking each other's hand and walking towards his home. He unlocked the door using his magic and was pleased to find that everything was in order while he was away. He closed the door behind them and watched as Alice looked around. The room was a large living room filled with bookcases, a large fireplace, and sitting area. The sofa he had looked lavish as it was made out of velvet. There were a few blankets thrown across it and she looked at the small table on the other side of the room that only consisted of one chair. He saw her eyes on it and he licked his lips as she turned to face him.

"I see you'll have to make some new adjustments now that I'm here." She smirked.

"I am aware of that as it has been some time since I have shared my quarters with anyone." Loki told her.

She then walked down the hall to see a small closet, bathroom, and a kitchen that had everything neatly packed away in the cabinets and drawers, which she liked very much. Then, she ran up the stairs with Loki following after her. There, she found a much larger bathroom and two bedrooms, one smaller than the other.

"This is the guest room that has never had anyone in it and this is my bedroom." Loki told her.

"Can we see your bedroom?" Alice saw his hand wrapped tightly around the door handle.

"I left to your home in a hurry. I didn't have much time to-"
"Loki, do you honestly believe that I'm going to be sleeping in the guest bedroom?" She cut him off, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Well, I thought maybe for modesty purposes." He replied.

"I think we're past modesty." Alice scoffed.

He reluctantly opened the door and she was confused as to why he wouldn't let her in seeing that everything was neat and organized. She looked up at him and furrowed her brow.

"Why are you so scared right now?" She asked him.

"I'm not scared," He replied. "I'm just nervous. I've never really had a woman I liked live in my home, given it might not be long if your parents defeat the threat of HYDRA, but still."

She blushed as she giggled. She pinched his cheek and laughed louder as she saw him turn red.

"Don't worry. I'll try not to disturb the atmosphere of your home too much." She teased him.