Chapter Thirty-Nine

Loki slowly woke from his sleep. As he went to move, he found himself suspended in the air. He saw several sharp, needle like structures all pointed towards him. Ebony Maw stood before him on the floor with a grin on his face.

"You're finally awake!" Ebony Maw spoke.

"Where's Alice?" Loki asked.

"Hear me and rejoice! You are about to die at the hands of the Children of Thanos." Ebony Maw announced.

"He said to keep him alive when he woke," Proxima protested. "Have you done a scan of his body yet?"

"He said we must see if he has any powers." Corvus added.

Loki furrowed his brow looking over them. When he took in the space around him, he remembered where he was. This had been his first meeting with the Black Order. Loki knew Thanos was using the reality stone on him and Alice and feared for what he was putting Alice through. The three then looked up at Loki and smiled.

"He did also say we could have a little bit of fun." Corvus stated.

Knowing that none of what was taking place was actually real, Loki was able to use his magic and shapeshift away. He then appeared behind them, conjured his daggers, and cleared his throat. The three turned around and looked confused seeing him there.

"I, too, can have a little bit of fun." Loki smirked.

Alice watched as Thanos circled around her.

"You have only scratched the surface of what your powers can do. Come with me and I can teach you everything." Thanos told her.

"No. I will never go with you. Just admit it you will never be able to get the six stones and end this stupid fantasy you have." Alice protested.

"So...you really have no idea the true power you harness?" Thanos inquired.

Thanos narrowed his eyes at her and chuckled.

"No matter. I have my own ways of making you bend." He stated.

Alice saw the reality stone glow bright red and as she went to stand, she felt her hands be binded by a chain attached to the floor. She looked at them and saw a faint red mist around them.

Loki knew he had to go after Ebony Maw before the others. He quickly casted two projections of himself that advanced towards Proxima and Corvus. Loki and Ebony Maw faced one another, only a few feet apart. He knew if he got close enough to Ebony Maw, he could battle out in hand to hand combat. Loki was aware that Ebony Maw was not skilled in that fighting style. He relied on his telekinesis to do the work for him. Loki then conjured another dagger and as he advanced, threw it towards Ebony Maw. With his powers, Ebony Maw cast the dagger aside just as Loki hit him across the fact with the butt of his dagger. Not used to fighting this close, Ebony Maw was confused and thought of what to do next. As he went to fly away, Loki used his magic to conjure a chain around Ebony Maw. Loki gripped the chain tightly. He made sure the chain was around his whole body, keeping his arms to his sides. If he could raise one finger, Loki knew Ebony Maw could free himself. Just as Loki was about to slam Ebony Maw against the side of the room, Corvus saw the bandage around Loki's waist and rushed towards him after defeating his double. Loki heard Corvus and turned around to see him advancing. Loki needed Corvus to get as close to him as possible. As Corvus raised his sword into the air, Loki rolled to the side and shoved his dagger into Corvus' side. He exclaimed in pain and removed the dagger from his side. Seeing he was injured, Proxima aimed her scepter at Loki and he knew he had his opportunity. Loki swung Ebony Maw in front of Proxima's blast, rendering him unconscious.