Chapter Twenty-Eight

Loki walked over to Alice and Tony and asked if he could step in. Tony gave a quick kiss to her cheek before going over to Pepper and dancing with her. Loki pulled Alice close to him and kissed her sweetly before they began to dance.

"I hope you two talked nicely about me." He raised his brow.

"We had a very good talk. He may not appear like it but he's warming up to you at his own pace." She told him.

She kissed his cheek and wrapped her arms around his neck as she laid her head on his chest.

"He'll get there, Loki. Don't worry about him. He knows how I feel and he respects that so let's enjoy our anniversary." Alice smiled up at him.

"I agree. And I must say that Thor and Brunhilde seem to be enjoying themselves a lot as they appear to be in a drinking battle with one another." Loki commented.

The two looked over at the bar as Thor and Brunhilde were downing their drinks. They then looked over at Alice and Loki and waved as they smiled giddily before going back to drinking.

"Two years. It's amazing." Loki chuckled.

"I agree." Alice giggled.

Loki looked down at Alice and saw the smile vanish from her face as she looked out towards the dance floor.

"Loki, I've been thinking about the ritual you told me about a while ago." She confessed, turning her head to look up at him.

"Really? Why?" He inquired.

"Well, given that I am Aesir and I have these powers, it just feels right. And I also wouldn't want to grow old and you leave me and then I leave you when I'm gone. That wouldn't be right for me to do that to you. I love you very much and I don't want to hurt you in that way." She explained.

"Alice, you don't have to go through it because you're afraid of how I'll react when you die. That shouldn't be the only reason." He argued.

"I know and it isn't," She continued. "If I am an Aesir like Heimdall said, it's the right thing to do. How can I fully achieve my powers, my strength, and who I am meant to be if I don't actually become one. I was created by your gods, Loki. They made me. It's the last step in this long process we've been going through. I want to be like all of you here. This is truly the home I've been longing for all my life. I want to go through with it."

"You do realize you'll leave behind your whole family and friends when they're gone. You'll live for five thousand years." Loki told her.

"I have thought about that and I will talk to them about it as well but I know in my heart this is what I want. I'm not going to change my mind. I'm so happy here, Loki. I want to live the rest of my life here in your new Asgard with you. You've made my life feel complete, but I know it won't be complete until I go through the ritual. I want to be the Aesir that your gods designed me to be and to fulfill whatever destiny they bestowed upon me." Alice explained, beaming.

Loki smiled weakly and laid a sweet kiss to her lips. When they pulled away, she felt him embrace her tighter as they swayed on the dance floor.

"If that's what you want, I'll make it happen. But before I do, you have to talk to your parents about this. They have to know." He spoke.

"I know. Not tonight." She said softly.

"Alright. Another day." He chuckled.

"We still have a lot of time ahead of us." She laughed along with him.

The two pulled back when they saw Tony and Pepper approach them.

"You don't mind if I speak with Loki privately, do you?" Tony asked.