Chapter Nineteen

She made her way down the cliff by herself as Loki still hadn't returned. Heimdall greeted her and asked her to sit down with him to talk.

"You went for a tour. How did you like our new home?" He inquired.

"I loved it," She beamed with excitement. "It's so different here but...I can see myself living here, I can't really explain it. I never really fit in back home and I know that if anyone found out about my powers, they'd never treat me like I'm one of them. But here...I just get this feeling that no one would care whether I had powers or not. It feels so accepting here."

"I'm glad you feel that way, girl. I can assure you that this place would be glad to have you as a new citizen." Heimdall told her.

While they trained for the next few hours, she could feel something within her begin to stir. Sometimes she'd accidentally conjure the Tesseract's powers but other times she could feel the Bifrost within her. As she laid her hand on her belly, she could feel the same rumbling sensation. She concentrated on it as hard as she could. She tried to project it like she could with the Tesseract, but before anything could happen, Heimdall told her to stop.

"That is all for today." He stated.

"What? Why?" She asked.

"Loki has come to take you to his home." Heimdall replied.

Alice turned around and smiled weakly seeing Loki walking towards them. Much to her liking, he wrapped an arm around her waist.

"How has the training been going?" Loki inquired.

"She is making progress very quickly, Loki. I wouldn't be surprised if we finished within the week." Heimdall replied.

Alice looked up at Loki and blushed seeing him beam towards her with pride. He squeezed her waist and Alice inhaled sharply before turning her attention back to Heimdall. The three said their goodbyes and Loki and Alice returned to his home to eat. As soon as they entered the city, Loki removed his arm from her waist and kept his hands clasped behind his back. She looked him up and down and sighed as she turned her head to look forward. On the way back, Loki smiled as some citizens passed by and bowed his head every now and then to those who worked in the palace. Some women would smile back and Alice hated feeling a sting of jealousy whenever it happened. Yet, once they were inside his home, Loki wrapped his arms around her and kissed her sweetly.

"I'm glad your training with Heimdall is going well. Is there anything else you'd like to learn while you're here?" He inquired.

Alice thought for a moment and Loki enjoyed seeing the smirk that spread across her face.

"I want to learn magic." She replied.

"That's impossible." Loki chuckled.

"How? You know how to do it." Alice scoffed.

"In order to learn it and master it, you have to possess seidr, which is much harder to teach as one is born with it. My mother had it and passed it on to me and she taught me the magic she knows." He explained.

It hurt him to see Alice's delighted expression fade away.

"Oh...that's okay." She shrugged.

She brushed past him into the kitchen to cook a meal for them. That night, as Alice got into bed, Loki wrapped his arms around her and, despite being agitated by him not showing the same affection in public, Alice could not help but smile. In some ways, she like having him act this way behind closed doors as this part of them was their own. They didn't have to show or prove that they loved one another because they knew it in their hearts. Alice was taken from her thoughts as Loki kissed and nibbled at the flesh of her neck as his hands roamed over her body through her thin nightdress. She giggled as he pinched her side and he chuckled against her skin.