Chapter Thirteen

The following morning, Alice and Loki made their way down for breakfast and met Marilyn at the table. Alice thanked Marilyn for a great time at the party and as soon as Loki left to get more food, she turned to face Alice with her cheeks blushing madly.

"What?" Alice asked.

"Oh, come on, tell me." Marilyn replied.

"What are you talking it?" She chuckled.

"Admit it." Marilyn giggled.

"Admit what?" Alice laughed.

"That you two hooked up last night." Marilyn beamed.

Alice's eyes widened as she stuttered to reply and Marilyn put her hand over her mouth to keep her laughter from being heard by those around her.

"What are you talking about? We did not hook up." She scoffed.

"Don't lie to me." Marilyn smirked.

"I'm not!" Alice huffed.

"Alice, your room was next to mine. I could barely catch a wink listening to you two go at it all night." Marilyn told her.

Alice gasped as she didn't know what to say. Marilyn just took a sip of her drink and nodded her head as she raised a brow at her.

"You heard?" Alice asked.

"It was impossible not to. You two were so loud I was afraid that they'd have to call you about a noise complaint." Marilyn replied.

Alice blushed and bit her lip as she looked down at her plate.

"Don't be embarrassed, Alice. I'm actually happy for you. God knows you needed it." Marilyn laughed.

"Can we just drop it for now? No one is supposed to know about this. If someone found out and told my dad, I'd-"

"Don't worry. Your secret's safe with me. Just answer me this." Marilyn replied.

"Yes?" She asked.

"How was he?" Marilyn giggled.

Alice gave her a look as Loki returned to the table. He gave the two a look as they tried to contain their laughter. Marilyn cleared her throat as she looked up at Loki and smiled.

"Good morning." Loki smiled.

"Good morning, Loki. Now, did you two sleep well?" Marilyn asked.

Alice and Marilyn burst into laughter and Loki furrowed his brow as he looked at the two of them.

"What is going on?" Loki inquired.

"Oh, it's nothing." Alice giggled.

"Yeah, I'm not talking about how I heard you guys last night." Marilyn added.

Alice laughed even harder as well as Marilyn. Loki's eyes widened as he gave her a look and couldn't help but begin to chuckle.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I wasn't supposed to say anything." Marilyn laughed, trying to catch her breath.

Afterwards, Alice and Marilyn said their goodbyes and she and Loki made their way back to the tower. As soon as they reached the floor, the elevator doors opened to reveal, Tony, Pepper, and all the others waiting for them. Alice chuckled nervously as she looked at them and smiled. The two stepped out of the elevator and Alice put down her bags.

"Hey, guys." Alice said softly.

"I was upset last night to find the bodyguard we sent with you return here." Tony told her.

"Sorry." She whispered.

"We all started freaking out. Why had he come back? You know what he told us? He told us that some guy had taken over, claiming he was sent to give him a break. That sounded a little off to me. Then, I thought to myself, hmm, who could it have been?" Tony explained.