Chapter Twenty-Two

Thor and Brunhilde quickly rushed over to the two and Thor laid his hand on Loki's shoulder.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"Have you hit your head?" Brunhilde added.

Loki furrowed his brow as he let out a laugh.

"I'm completely fine." He replied.

"But that was...that was unlike you." Thor stated.

"It was. I'm not doubting that. But I'm starting to try new things because I very much like Alice and want her to be happy." Loki explained.

Alice blushed as his hold around her waist tightened, pulling her closer to him.

"You've never done anything like that before." Thor scoffed.

"The others I've been with didn't deserve it. If I'm to be honest, which may come as a shock," Loki chuckled. "I've never liked anyone as much as I like her."

Loki looked down at Alice and grinned, seeing her blush. When they heard stifled laughter, they both turned back around to see Thor and Brunhilde smiling and being very giddy.

"What is the matter with you?" Loki raised his brow at the two of them.

"It's just nice to see your old self poking through." Thor replied.

"Yes, but only a little bit. Now if you'll excuse us." Loki told him, biting the inside of his cheek.

As they passed by them, Thor winked at Loki and he grimaced before looking away from him. Thor then turned to Brunhilde and smiled brightly.

"Our little Loki is growing up." Brunhilde sighed.

"He must really like her to do something like that," Thor told her. "I remember when he was younger and he never did anything that he thought would hurt his image. He always was a private person."

"Well, Alice must be special." Brunhilde commented.

Thor looked over at the two of them as they began to dance and smiled weakly seeing Loki's face light up. It made him feel great knowing that Loki was happy. As they danced, Alice noted that Loki still kept his space between them and said nothing, knowing he was still adjusting to it all. When they finished dancing, they were bombarded with guests congratulating the two. Shortly after, the two gave each other a kiss as they spotted Armod drunkenly stepping towards them.

"I was right!" Armod exclaimed as he stopped a few inches in front of them.

"It appears you were." Loki replied blandly.

"Well, I must congratulate you for melting this guy's heart and supplying him with a warm bed, if you know what I mean." Armod cackled.

Loki removed his hand from around her waist and held them together behind his back to try and keep himself from hurting Armod right there on the spot.

"Maybe now he'll leave me alone, which reminds me! We have to go negotiate our peace, don't we?" He stated.

"Unfortunately, we do." Loki spoke.

Loki reassured Alice he wouldn't be too long and walked away with Armod. When she sat at her table, Thor and Brunhilde were there and Thor began explaining to her about the types of food and dances that were going on, with Brunhilde occasionally butting in to correct Thor.

"We would have loved to have introduced you to all of this sooner, but Loki kept you very busy." Brunhilde told her.

"Well, the deal was for me to come here and master my powers until the threat back home is gone. Now, we just have to wait if Heimdall sees if it's been taken care of. After that, I have to go back home." Alice explained.