Chapter Thirty-Five

Early in the morning, Loki awoke to find Alice not in their bed. His panic subsided when he could hear her in the bathroom. When he walked inside, he found her draped over the toilet bowl. He knelt down beside her and held her hair back as she vomited. She groaned as Loki rubbed her back to try and soothe her.

"Are you starting to feel a bit bet-"
Loki was cut off by Alice vomiting once more.

"-ter now." He finished.

"Yeah, I feel fantastic." Alice scoffed.

She flushed the toilet and Loki helped her to her feet, bringing her back to bed. He then used a spell to settle her stomach as she laid back down in the bed.

"Thanks." She sighed.

Loki then spooned her and ran his fingers through her hair to soothe her back to sleep. When it was time to get ready for their work, Loki watched Alice as she changed, noticing the smallest bump on her belly. Just seeing the bump filled him with joy. Alice put on the new uniform Eir had given her before she left yesterday and felt like she could breathe in it. Once in the palace, the two kissed one another before parting ways. As Loki was working in his office, he sighed seeing Thor peek his head into the room.

"What do you want, Thor?" Loki inquired, looking back down at his desk.

"Did you talk to her?" Thor retorted, stepping inside the room.

"I did." Loki replied.

"And? What did she say?" Thor inquired.

"Well, this must be kept a secret as we do not want to say anything just yet...but Alice is already four months pregnant." Loki told him.

"What!" Thor shouted in disbelief.

"Be quiet, you oaf!" Loki growled.

"What!" Thor whispered.

"She is. Turns out she somehow reversed my protection spell and we conceived during our honeymoon." Loki told him.

"Loki, that's wonderful! I'll be sure to keep my mouth shut. Oh, I'm going to be an uncle! This is exciting!" Thor spoke merrily.

Thor chuckled seeing the slight smile creep over Loki's face.

"We too are excited." Loki stated.

During her break, Alice went to go see Brunhilde on the training grounds. The two embraced as they greeted one another.

"Stopped by for a little spar before the weekend." Brunhilde chuckled.

As a joke, she went to go punch Alice's side playfully. In the corner of her eye, Alice saw this and she immediately, in the blink of an eye, grabbed Brunhilde's wrist and twisted her arm, making her wince. Once she realized what she had done, she released Brunhilde's arm and began to apologize.

"Good to know you're alert." Brunhilde scoffed.

"I'm sorry, I thought you were going for my belly." Alice explained.

"Why would you be worried about that?" Brunhilde asked.

"Well, that was the big reason I came to you. For a few months, I will have to stop my training." Alice replied.

"Why? You're doing so well." Brunhilde told her.

"Yes, but...and this is to be kept secret...Loki and I are going to have a baby." Alice beamed.

"Congratulations to you both!" Brunhilde exclaimed as she embraced Alice once more.

"Thank you." Alice smiled.