Chapter Seven

The two were back at the facility and had gotten ready for bed.

"For her birthday, you don't have to come if you don't want to." Alice told him.

"Oh, no, I'd love to. She seems like she knows how to throw a good party. In fact, I've always wanted to see the difference between an Asgardian feast and a party thrown on Midgard." Loki explained.

"What are Asgardian feasts like?" She asked.

"Oh, they're quite extravagant. It depends on the occasion being thrown. If it's a wedding feast, it lasts for a week, as long as the honeymoon lasts for the couple. There's always food everywhere in the throne room with the banquet tables decorated with garlands and flowers everywhere. The desserts at a wedding feast are the best. If it's a victory feast to celebrate a war or battle being one, it's a little different. Instead of desserts, there's really just meat, ale, fruits and vegetables to be eaten. Here is where most guests get drunk off their minds. If it's a feast to welcome a new child, the banquet tables are decorated similarly to those of the wedding feasts but there are very few courses to be eaten. After a while the new child is presented to the guests and presents, or tokens of goodwill are handed to the parents. If it's a feast to cherish an invited guest from another realm, such as a king from Alfheim let's say, there are several courses to be eaten and there's dancing. Each feast has dancing. Well, it's more drunk dancing and singing when a battle has been won, but nonetheless, there's dancing." Loki explained.

"That sounds incredibly wonderful. I'd love to see one of your feasts." Alice told him.

"What are your feasts like?" Loki asked.

"Almost the same. Except for a birthday, there's a big cake with candles on it. The candles are lit and the birthday girl, in this case, makes a wish before blowing out the candles. There's dancing and drinking and having fun really. There are balloons and lights all over the place." Alice replied.

"Seems lackluster if you ask me." Loki told her.

"Honestly, I never really enjoyed birthdays. Your parties seem much better." Alice replied to him.

"What other, um... parties do you have here?" He inquired.

"We do have weddings here but they last only a day. However the honeymoon can last a few weeks. Then there are anniversaries where people celebrate the day they got married. And then we just have holidays in general such as, Christmas, Valentine's Day, and St. Patrick's Day." She replied.

"What are those and what do you do?" Loki asked as he propped himself up on his elbow to get a better look at Alice from the floor.

"Well, Christmas is a time where some people put up trees and decorate them with beautiful ornaments. On the top of the tree, there goes either a star or an angel. The day before is called Christmas Eve and then the next morning, we open all the presents that people put under the tree as gifts." She began to explain.

"We have something similar to that." Loki commented.

"Valentine's Day is just a day to celebrate being in a relationship and St. Patrick's Day is just really an excuse to get drunk." She finished telling him.

"Well, I think Thor would love St. Patrick's Day." He chuckled.

Alice laughed softly along with him and the two laid in silence just staring at each other.

"Good night, Alice." Loki said softly.

"Good night, Loki." She whispered with a smile.

The following morning, Alice had filled out some paperwork with Tony and Pepper for Nick to keep under file. Once she signed the papers, she was officially considered a superhuman with alien like powers. She was added to their databases and Alice made her way to the training rooms where she found Loki wrapping his hands as he leaned against the padded wall. He was in a strange outfit that Alice had never seen and he smirked as he glanced up at her.