Chapter Twenty-Six

Loki and Alice went for a walk through the towns to just get out of his house. They soon made their way to the markets and Loki just followed Alice and watched how excited she became when she stopped at certain vendors. After she finished looking at some scarves, she realized Loki was nowhere near her. As she looked around her and all the other citizens passing her by, panic began to set in. She looked around her for a little bit longer before walking away from the vendor and searching for Loki. As the minutes passed and she still could not find him, she quickly became worried. Before she could do anything else, she had a thought in her head telling her to turn to her right. When she did, she saw a pathway and furrowed her brow when she felt her body almost move forward without her wanting to. She excused herself as she made her way past the large groups of people and was almost shocked to find Loki at a vendor. He did a double take and grinned seeing her. She noted his hand in his pocket right before he removed it and held it out towards her.

"I thought I lost you." She said.

"I'm sorry I made you think that," Loki apologized. "Well, I'm here now. Did you find anything here you like?"

"Just some books. It's time I actually got up to speed with Asgard's history." Alice replied.

For the remainder of the day, Alice and Loki lounged in his home. She sat in the small backyard reading the books as Loki tended after his garden. He quickly glanced over at Alice and saw how deep in thought she was. He looked down at the watering can in his hand and couldn't help the smirk that showed up on his face.

Alice found herself completely invested in her book. She was learning about all the gods before her, the nine realms, and everything valuable in between. She was taken from her thoughts when she saw a couple of water droplets appear on her page. She furrowed her brow and sighed as she turned her to look at where she last saw Loki.

"I didn't know it was supposed to rain today." She spoke.

In the second it took her to register that Loki was not where he last was, he dipped his watering can forward and poured the water directly on her head. Alice gasped in shock and cast the book aside to keep it from getting drenched. The water poured down her face and over her chest before she jumped off the chair, shrieking. As she pushed her wet hair behind her ears, she made out Loki's laughter. She turned around and exhaled sharply seeing him laugh hysterically. She chuckled lightly as she glared at him.

"You son of a bitch!" She yelled teasingly at him. "Do you think this is funny!"

"I'm laughing, aren't I?" He retorted.

She ran over to him and started to slap at his chest all while the two laughed like lunatics. Soon after, she opened out her arms to embrace him and get him wet as well. He then began to run away from her around the fenced in area as she chased after him. She quickly picked up his watering can and whenever she got close to him, she would thrust it forward, almost throwing whatever water was left directly onto him. When all the water was out, Loki then decided to run towards her. Through her laughter, she told him to get away from her. He then wrapped his arms around her waist, picked her up into his arms, and laid her over his shoulder. He began to spin around for a few moments as they laughed together with her playfully punching his back and kicking her legs while he pinched her sides.

"Put me down! Loki, I swear to god, if you don't put me down right now!" She cackled.

Loki let her back down on the ground but kept his arms wrapped around her waist. She slapped his shoulder all while their laughter began to die down.

"Oh, my god!" She chuckled as she caught her breath.

"It was just a bit of fun." He smirked.

"Mhmm, so much fun." Alice scoffed, trying her best to keep a straight face.