Chapter 22

Vanessa's P.O.V.

"I swear I will kill him!" He growled through the phone. I rolled my eyes. "I can't help that he likes her. I don't like it either. The bitch fucking married and she still seems to take my men" I scoffed. "Vanessa. This my last time telling you to watching your fucking mouth about her" he said through clenched teeth. I rolled my eyes again. "Whatever" "You need to get him away from my woman because I swear I will kill him"

Rome has been going on and on about Aiden. He knows that he likes Tamia and they spend time together and he's pissed off.

"Don't you think I'm trying?" I said. "Well try harder. Get him away from her and you need to get in there faster. I getting tired of waiting. My time is precious and I want it to be spent with my wife and child. Get to working" he said and hung up. I rolled my eyes tossing my phone on the bed.

Just then Aiden walked in wearing basketball shorts and no shirt. Lord knows I was ready to pounce looking at his body but I'm pissed off that he ditched me this morning for her.

"Hey shawty" he said entering the room closing the door behind him. I ignored him and grabbed my make up bag to do my makeup before leaving for work.

"You not mad at me are you?" He asked. I ignored him. I heard him sigh. I watched as he walked closer to me through the mirror. He rapped his arms around me. I scrunched up my face and pushed him off.

"Get off me. You stank and smell like sweat" I said going back to blending my foundation. He chuckled. "Why you mad at me?" He asked staring at me through the mirror. "I'm not" "You are" "I'm not" "Lie to me again" "How was your run?" I asked spitefully.

"So that's it?" He said crossing his arms. "Come on Ness. Don't be mad at me. I'm sorry. I really didn't want you to be a third wheel and I didn't want to wake you" he said. "Hm" I hummed putting on mascara. "Don't do me like that. I'm sorry" he pleaded. I said nothing.

"How about I take you to make it up to you" he said. I stopped what I was doing to look at him through the mirror. There was a pause as he held a smirk on his face.

Fuck him for being so damn fine.

"Fine. When?" I asked. "Tomorrow night" "Deal" He smiled and kissed my cheek.

"Uh uh. I know you see me doing my make up. Move. Go get in the shower" I nagged. He chuckled and rolled his eyes.

He was heading out the bathroom but he stopped in his tracks and turned back towards me.

"Um I can I ask you something?" He asked leaning on the door frame. "What?" "You still got feelings for Trey?"

I dropped my brush. His question baffled me. That was not what I was expecting at all.

I wiped around towards him.

"What?" I asked afraid of hearing what I just heard. "Trey. Tamia's husband. You still have feelings for him?" He asked again. My mouth hung open for a while but no words came out.

"H-how do you know about-" He cut me off. "I sensed tension in the room when first you introduced you so I figured something was wrong. So I asked Tamia if you knew each other and she told me yes and I asked how" he said shrugged. I grew angry.

"She told you my business?!" He noticed I was getting upset. "No. No. Not really. She didn't want to tell me but I wanted to know what was up so I kinda got it out of her. She felt bad afterwards but it was nothing. She just told me you and Trey had history and there has been a few problems" he explained but that didn't help. Why the hell would she tell him that?! It's not his business! She just trying to ruin my life!

"Vanessa" "What?!" I spat. It took him back a little. "So do you or do you not still want him" he asked. I turned around. "No. I don't" I lied. "What me and Trey had is dead and gone" I said finishing my makeup. "Ok" he said simply and walked out.

I slammed my bag down groaning. I went into the room and grabbed my phone to text Trey.

Listen I'm really trying with your wife but she's pissing me tf off. My business is MY business she don't need to be going around sharing it with anybody. My tolerance level is VERY low with her now.