Chapt. 12

I sigh quietly, my eyes already open, waiting for the alarm to go off. As expected, the alarm goes off, I lift my hand and press on it hard. I sigh once more before I get up and head for the restroom. I step on the cold tile of my bathroom, I turn around to look at myself in the mirror. I cringe at my reflection, lifting my hand to my face. I touch the dark under eye circles that formed under my eyes during the night that I didn't rest. I shudder and quickly turn the nozzle for the cold water. I cup my hands and place them under the cold water, I wearily raise my cupped hands to my face. I splash the icy cold water on my face, I flinch and gasp. My face numbs for a few seconds before it warms up. I dry my face with the fluffy face towel. I gasp slightly and quickly turn off the water by twisting the nozzle. I stare at my reflection again, my face seems a lot brighter, but still pale. I grab my toothbrush and toothpaste. I place the toothbrush under the sink, I turn the nozzle and let the stream of water rinse my toothbrush. I turn, it off, squirting some of the minty toothpaste onto my toothbrush. I place the toothpaste aside and brush my teeth. I didn't realize I was brushing too hard until I tasted a metallic flavor from my blood. I cringe and quickly wash my mouth. I rinse the toothbrush and put it aside as well. I grab my Vera Bradley large cosmetic bag from aside. I unzip it and look inside for the products needed. I find what I need, putting it aside from the rest of my makeup. I pour an amount of concealer in my hand, I put some dots around my eyes and everywhere I spot a blemish. I grab the tiny brush from my cosmetic bag, blending it on my skin. I then grab my mascara from M.A.C and put it on. I sniff, not because I was crying just because I have something in my nose. My face seems a lot more alive, I pat my face with powder that matches my skin tone. After I'm done with my makeup, I walk to my closet. I look around for some clothes. I sigh, grabbing a camouflage short sleeve shirt from the hanger and a pair of black jeans. I slip on all my clothes, but first removing the clothes I have on. I get some socks out of the drawer and put them on. I grab my camouflage UGG boots from the corner of the closet. I walk out of my closet, I sit on the bathtub and put on my boots. I walk out of the restroom and into my room. I grab my phone from the bedside table and my backpack which is on the floor by the door.

I walk downstairs, there's so much noise coming from the kitchen. I frown and walk further and into the kitchen. Dad laughs loudly, a mug of coffee in his left hand and donut on his right hand. Justin, choking on his cereal, milk running down the sides of his mouth, I cringe at that. Mum, grabbing the fire hydrant and patting Justin on the back with it. I hear a knock on the door, everyone seems to not have heard it, so I go to check who it was. I look through the peephole and see it's Lizzy. I quickly open the door and bring her in the biggest, tightest hug ever. Lizzy seems surprised at first, but she quickly reacts to the hug.

"I should be gone more often." she chuckles, releasing me.

"No!" I bring her inside and start telling her all about the last few days, except you know, leaving the part where I kissed my teacher.

"Wow. So let me get this straight, Maiken hates you for no apparent reason, Daisy is gone and you've been alone with Jay," I nod to everything she said.

"Why is it that hell brakes loose when I miss a few days of school." she shakes her head, I chuckle.

"Josie! Lets go, we're going to be late." Justin calls, I groan. Lizzy slaps me in the arm.

"Hey it's not going to be so bad, you got me." she winks. She pulls my arm to the back door which is located in the kitchen. Mum and Dad greet Lizzy, Justin rolls his eyes and walks outside to wait for me. Lizzy grabs two pieces of toast in the plate and sprints outside. I giggle and quickly run after her. She waits, already in the backseat of Justin's car, singing to the radio. Justin looks extremely irritated, I get in the backseat with Lizzy. The car ride to school is nothing like Justin and I's normal rides. Lizzy shouts squirrel when she sees a dog, I think Justin's morning is ruined. Daisy texted, saying her grand mum is stable and she will be returning to the UK tomorrow, and most likely be in school the day after tomorrow.