Bonus chapter

Nathan's Point of View

First impression- Chapt. 1

I smile at all my students. It's fake, obviously. I'm absolutely petrified about today. I know better than to ignore through everything the headmaster is saying but I can't help but feel nervous about all of this. For once in my entire life, I'm actually doing something that can help me get to the top. I can finally do what I love after this. Four more years of teaching (including this year) to finally do what I love. Music. It's what my heart beats for.

"-alright?" what? I nod without having a clue of what Mr. Kaneswaran said. He smiles and pats my back. I take a deep breath and turn to my class. I glance at every single person sitting on a chair. My eyes land on a particular student who earlier said sex loudly. I squint my eyes at her. Seriously? She's using her phone. In class. What? Is she serious? Alright be calm, it's your first day teaching. You don't need this right now. Just. Be. Cool. I frown. Alright no, I can't be cool. This is disrespectful. The blond girl next to her, nudges her. She doesn't budge. Nope, not one bone moves other than her fingers on her phone. She nudges her again. This time her head snaps to the blond girl.

"What?" She hisses. Oh damn, what the hell is wrong with her? The poor blond girl turns away. I need to learn her name. I take this as my time to come in and take charge. After all, I am a teacher right? I clear my throat. The brunette girl finally looks up. My eyes widen slightly. Oh wow. Her eyes are very pretty. She raises her eyebrow and looks at me up and down. Too bad her attitude isn't as pretty as herself. I stare at her disapprovingly.

"May I help you?" She asks in an annoyed tone. Please, if anyone I should be the annoyed person here.

"Actually, yes. Hand me your phone please." First day of school and I'm already getting pissed off.

"And who the fuck are you to tell me what to do?" My jaw drops. What the fuck. Does she have a stick up her ass or what. Keep calm, if you don't keep calm and ignore these type of comments, how are you going to survive in the music industry?

"I am Mr. Sykes, your teacher. And I should punish you for using foul language but I will let it slide and pretend you never said that. Now, give me your phone." I order. Take charge. Be the man. She stares at me skeptically and turns around slightly to the blond girl.

"Maiken is this the teacher?" She asks. Oh so her name is Maiken? Alright, good, so far she's my favourite student.

"Yeah." Maiken answers, looking down. She turns back to me and huffs, she reluctantly gives me her phone.

"Thank you and one last reminder; No foul language in my classroom." I smirk as I go back to my desk. I put her phone away. I walk back to the centre of the room.

"I'm terribly sorry for the impression you must have of me," I don't want to have to go trough that again.

"But lets start all over. Hello students, I am Mr. Sykes. This is my first year ever teaching and I hope it will be a excellent one," no it won't. I can feel it. I am seriously regretting becoming a teacher. First off, I can't even act and yet I'm teaching drama.

"And since I'm new I would like each one of you to come up here and tell me your name and what you like to do and what do you wanna be when later on in life." Now is my chance at payback. Besides, I need to know her name, I'm sure it will be engraved on my brain by the end of the year.

"How about...," I walk around the class. I stop in front of her desk.

"You." I smile falsely down at me. She doesn't even look up, all she does is lean forward.

"And what if I don't want to go up there?" I'll be mad. That's what.

"I'll send you to Mr. Kaneswaran's office." I answer simply.