Chapt. 18

"Who's house is this?" Justin asks for the thousandth time since he picked me up which was exactly five minutes ago.

"Someone's."

"Is it your boyfriend?" He giggles, he actually giggles! I snort and roll my eyes. I fucking wish.

"Who's the lucky boy?" He presses again, taking a right turn to our neighbourhood.

"There's no lucky boy, just a friend." I shrug and look outside the window as rain drops flutter down from the sky and falling onto the windshield while the wipers fight them off.

"What's his name?"

"Why does it have to be a boy?" I question.

"You're right, you shouldn't even be with boys." I roll my eyes, he parks his car in the driveway.

"I'm sixteen." I point out, taking off my seatbelt.

"Sixteen, too young!" I sigh and turn to face him.

"You're one year older than me."

"Either way, I'm older and I don't approve of your relationship." Oh shi- does he know? I knew it would happen sooner or later-(actually I hoped it would never.)- but not this soon.

"Justin? What are we talking about?" Let's hope this trick still works.

"I-I don't know?" Still works. I get out of the car quickly and go straight into the house and to my room. I think it's cool. It's fine. Everybody has a dirty little secret. And mine happens to be kissing my teacher.

The days go by fast when I spend my time doing something productive. From joining my Dad in his set to learn more about directing and acting. I'm very serious and wanting to do this. I think this is what I want to do for a living. During these few days, I've also helped my mother pick out which are the best designs for her next clothing line.

Nathan- (yeah, I finally got his name down.) - even tried me to come over again. He went to the extent to call my house phone, Mum answered and Nathan lied, saying he needed to give me some homework to do online. Funny thing, I'll tell you exactly what he told my mother, he said:

"Mrs. Kingsley? Yes, this is Mr. Sykes, Josie's drama teacher. I'm calling to see if I could speak to her?-I need to tell her to go on this website to do some homework." Mum was hesitant but called me down to answer the call, which I took upstairs because I can do that with our service. He asked me to come over, I could even hear the pout when I said no. I told him to wait for me to return to school and to not call back because we could get caught. And now, a few days later, is the day I have to return to school to face the judgement and whispers of everybody. But I think I can handle it. Nathan promised me he would protect me. I smiled when he said that. I know he can't protect me but the way he said it- was adorable and made me feel all fuzzy inside.

I now stand in front of my mirror and take a deep breath. I look at my reflection and force my frown to a smile. I've been called a goth, so to change it up a bit and show them I don't dress in all black all the time, I'm wearing a pumpkin coloured long sleeve shirt with white jeans and tanned boots. Now, if that doesn't scream girly, I don't know what does.

I nod to myself and back away, grabbing all my belongings and leaving my bedroom and going downstairs where Justin waits in his car. Lately, my parents have allowed Justin to drive me to school, usually it's my mother. I'm glad it's Justin that drives because I'm not a morning person and I just can't stand her trying to make a conversation with me that early in the morning. I get inside his car and buckled up. He is quiet during the ride and the music was off when it usually blares through the speakers. I ignore his odd behavior and leave it as it is. Once I arrive, Lizzy waits for me as well as Daisy, who now returned from her trip. They smile and hook their arms around mine and walk together to class, since we all have different classes, I walk everybody to class and leave mine at last. When walking through the corridors, there are giggles and murmurs along with stares. I ignore them all. The late bell rings and every last remaining person, scurry to their classroom while I still walk along, trying to take my time as much as I can. It's not that I don't want to see Nathan- because I do. But because in that class, I have Maiken and Missy, and then there's the other people I hate. 'What's goth, dramatic and slut all around?' My goodness, these people even vandalized school property just to annoy me. I walk further along, getting closer to drama- (no pun intended.) -the heels clicking on the tiled floor, I feel really uncomfortable with these clothes. I much rather wear my heel-less combat boots and some ripped up jeans with a band Tshirt. I'm so used to that attire now. I don't see why they call me goth, there's nothing goth about what I wear. Now, if I wore a black shirt, black jeans, black shoes, paint my nails black, dye my hair some color like red or blue, wear dark make up, then ok, I understand why you call me goth. But I wear only a few dark clothing- (because I hate being the centre of attention but I do secretly take a liking to it.) -minimal makeup and combat boots. That's not goth. It's style.- (ok, we may have different terms of style.)