Chapt. 21 part 1

From: jayBird

Umm.. Ok, is everything ok? We haven't spoken in days :/ xxx

I stare down to my phone.

My thumbs hover above the screen. What do I tell him? Hey Jay, yeah no, everything is fine. You know, my brother said you like me so I just want to confirm it if it's true.

Or hey Jay, I've been busy making out with my boyfriend who happens to be my teacher. Everything is fine! How are you?

I groan quietly. Why is life so complicated?

To: jayBird

I'm sorry Jay, I've just been having a rough couple of days, is all. How are you? X

Ok, good aproach. And it's true! I have had a rough couple of days so it's not like I'm lying. Jay is a fast text-er. His response comes immediately.

From: jayBird

I've heard. I'm sorry I wasn't there to help you through it. I tried looking for you but I couldn't find you. I'm fine, just missing you :( xxx

My heart feels light a little. He misses me? Oh God, what if I still like him? I like Nathan and Jay? God kill me for I have sinned. I swallow heavily, maybe I'm just feeling this way because Justin made me feel pressured and anxious for answers. Yeah! That has to be it. He even adds three kisses at the end! I only add one! Oh God. I let out a deep breath and start typing.

To: jayBird

It's ok, don't worry. I wanted to be alone but now I need you! I miss you too, Jay. Xx

There. Two kisses! Is that cheating? I can't stand this anymore. Not knowing whether if I'm doing wrong or right. I just want to get everything figured out.

From: jayBird

Well I'm always here, whenever you need me, I'll be here. Through stormy night to morning light. I'll always be here for you, never forget that. Xxx

My heart beats faster. Damn his poetic ass. This is what happens when you have had a crush on somebody and all of a sudden they like you back and you're confused as to if you still like them. I bite my lip, why does he have to be so sweet?

To: jayBird

Getting a little soft there, Mcguinness.. X

Back to one kiss. I have to keep things in order. I have to be the strong one.

From: jayBird

For you? Always. Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That's a lot of kisses. I silently squeal. Why can't I be single and not have feelings for Nathan? I wish he would've liked me last year. I don't regret Nathan and I. I like him very much.

To: jayBird

Alright you poetic little shit, I'll see you after school. Night xx

I smile, pleased with my short and joking response. It's better this way. To keep my distance. I snuggle under the covers and connect my phone to charge. His text comes fast. I check what it says and makes my heart melt.

From: jayBird

Goodnight, princess Belle. Xxx

I close my eyes with a smile on my face. This is so wrong but right.

He knows how much I loved dressing up as Belle from Beauty and The Beast.

Why can't I be a character in a Disney movie? Their lives are so much easier.