Akashi Seijūrō: Or Forever Hold Your Peace

Or Forever Hold Your Peace | Akashi Seijūrō x Reader

Soulmate!AU where you'll meet your soulmate in their own marriage.

Warning: Small amount of swearing and a whole lot of "Akashi is so hot omg"

-- In the house of God, during the priest's last speech in marriage, they'll know, who they're meant to be with. --

•-•

Soulmates— people that were made for each other— rarely existed in the world.

Of course, they all think it was just some weird fairy tale junk that people made up to have a reason to be together, but it wasn't. And only a few people knew this.

Those who had a heart mark on the nape of their neck but the mark disappears when they meet that's why no one knows who's who.

They should meet, as written in the story of their lives, no mere human can stop them from that. But afterwards, it's the two people's choice.

They aren't the same with normal people that could marry anyone they want, they should be together or else they won't feel what real happiness is.

It was a living proof, written in the books of history, twenty marriages in 1887 and thirteen in the 1935, had objections in their marriages, all at the same time and those people who objected and the groom or bride who didn't want the wedding to happen were the soulmates.

But after that, none were heard again. Once in a century, they speculated.

§§

Akashi Seijūrō, every girl's dream was to be his and only his. Women would do everything just to get a glimpse of his peach-light skin and crimson red— ruby-like eyes.

He breaks the saying, 'Nobody is perfect.'

He knows almost everything.

The knowledge that there is in textbooks and lessons that were taught in schools, yes, he knew.

But never once has he felt love for another being. The romantic type.

Infatuation, crush, fondness, affection nor obsession. Never once he felt for the opposite sex (nor the same).

They say he's just pretending that he hasn't but he really doesn't know. Next to defeat, it was something he never felt.

And after his defeat against Seirin, he was now curious about what love was.

Would it hurt like what defeat did to him? Would it make him happy like what victory after defeat did to him? He wanted—needed to know.

But alas, he was caught up in an arranged marriage for his father has his life planned in the palm of his hands.

His father, Akashi Masoami, didn't believe in soulmates. He knew his son had a mark yet he never told him for there was no reason to. He was man to prioritize reality. What was in front of him, he takes it. A man that doesn't let go of opportunities. That's why when the side company knew he had a son, they signed a contract for their daughter and son to be married.

Seijūrō's father had told him about this marriage after he graduated high school. He was mad about this but there was nothing he could do. If he was his past self, he would've answered him but it was a childish side of himself that went back on being one Akashi Seijūrō again.