32 - thunderstorms & love*

Harry

"Have been in there for a long time, haven't they?" I nervously asked, rubbing my thighs. I was tipsy, but no where to drunk. I wanted to stay at least a bit clear headed, when Millie drank, like there was no tomorrow.

"Someone's nervous that their ex fling and his girlfriend are in the same room without him." Luke chuckled, his eyes still closed. "Am not." I gritted.

Fuck, I was nervous. I wanted to burst in there and drag Millie away from Hannah. I was scared that she would tell her bad things about me and that Millie would believe them.

"Fuck, it." I slammed the table and downed my beer. "It's weird to see them together." I rubbed my face.

"It's weird that they get along really well. That Millie can be so calm about someone who tried to throw herself at her boyfriend. She seems so unbothered about the fact that you fucked her." David was still wide awake, talking to me properly. "That's a bad habit from Millie, I guess." I informed him.
"Care to elaborate?" He asked while sipping on his beer.

"She's always like that. She's not really resentful. Always forgiving people, even when they don't deserve it. She's so fucking selfless, she would easily give up on her happiness, if it'd make another person happy. You apologise and she's fine with that. I guess, she likes Hannah, but I don't want her to like her." I answered truthfully.

It was true, though. Every time I apologised, even if I was acting like a brat, she always forgave me instantly. It was a bad habit, because sometimes people don't deserve to be forgiven. Sometimes you need to put your happiness above everyone else's. She was so selfless, like she doesn't even care about herself and the things that make her happy.

At one side, I admired that, but on the other side, it would probably bring her down someday.

"Get it, but if she loves you, she won't listen to why Hannah has to say." Luke said casually. "But I don't want Hannah to tell her something in the first place." I tried to make my point clear. "Scared that she will know about your dirty kinks?" Luke laughed, finally opening his blood shot eyes. "Fuck off, I'm going to look for her." And with that I got up, taking wide steps towards the lady's room.

When I opened the door, I was met with complete silence. I listened carefully, only hearing heavy breathing.

"Millie?" I asked. "Hmm?" I heard her responding. Right after that, I heard someone getting up and the door creaking open. I cringed at the sound, but when Millie stepped out, her eyes looking sad, I walked over to her. I hugged her tightly to me, she was instantly responding by wrapping her arms around my neck. "Are you okay?" I asked. I actually wanted to ask if we were okay, I was still scared. She only nodded.

After that, Hannah got out of the cabin, her eyes really swollen, her whole cheeks covered in make up and red, probably from rubbing them. "What's wrong?" I asked them confused, nervous to say at least. "Nothing." Millie shortly replied.

"She was just.. throwing up and.. you know girls. We always cry when we are drunk." Millie explained, but I knew she was lying.
I let go of Millie to look at her, raising my eyebrows. "You're lying." I disappointingly said and her shoulders slumped down. "It's kind of private, I can't tell you, because it's not my story to tell." she now informed me honestly. I thoughtfully nodded. "Okay.."

"Sorry for ruining the mood, I'll just leave." Hannah whispered, but Millie was fast to protect her. "You're not ruining anything. But I think we should all leave, it's getting late and I don't want to be too hungover for tomorrow." She gently smiled at Hannah and then at me. "Yea.. alright." I was so fucking confused.

After we payed our stuff, which was quite a lot, we left the pub, only to be greeted with a heavy storm. We all let out annoyed huffs.
They all called themselves cabs and we waited for them to leave. Millie hugged Hannah tightly goodbye and whispered something in her ear, in which Hannah responded with a slight smile and a nod.