The Call

I'm sitting in my room, minding my own business when I hear the front door slam. Must be my parents again. Probably drunk. Again.
"Margrett! Get down here"! My father shouts. I shut off my phone and lay it on my bed. I sigh and get up, open my door and walk downstairs, to go face to face with hell. I reach the bottom of the stairs and look over to see my mother passed out on the couch.
"Yes father" I say turning around facing him. I noticed he had a bottle of vodka in his hand. He smashes the bottle right next to my head.
"Where were you"! He shouts.
"In my room, father" I say squinting my eyes. He smacks me, and it was hard. I was used to it though.
"Pick up all this glass, you disappointment"! He shouts while backing away from me.
"Yes father" I say tearing up and bending down to pick up the big pieces.
"After that, go to your room and don't come back out" he finishes while going to the kitchen. I finish cleaning everything up. I go to my room crying just a little. I wasn't much of a cryer, but when it comes to my parents I just can't look at them. I shut my door lightly and look at my phone. I haven't talked to Edd in awhile. Maybe just maybe he would let me move in with him. I kept thinking if I dare to ask him. I concluded that if he says I can move in with him, I will run away to him. It's not like my parents would care. They don't need me. I grab my phone and call my brother.
"Hello"? Edd says.
"Edd"! I say excitedly.
"Sis! What's up"?
"Listen I have to ask you a really serious and important question" I tell him.
"Yea"? He continues.
"Listen, mom and dad are drunk again and they took all my money, so I can't move out". I start to sob.
"And so I'm curious if I can move in with you. I promise I will get a job there and pay rent, but please-" he cuts me off.
"Sis, of course"! He sounded very happy.
"Oh- you have no idea how happy I am"! I say.
"Ok see you whenever I guess, bye" he says.
"Bye Edd"! I say hanging up. I sob into my pillow. I get up and pack a backpack of clothes, perfume, deodorant, toothbrush, brush, and my electronics.