Chapter 17

"You can"t do this to me..." Lewis squeezed on my arm and got in front of me to cover.

"I can't but they will." David stepped aside to let the police come towards me and Lewis.

"No stand back or she will suffer!" Lewis pulled out his gun and placed it to the back of my head.

"Don't let him do it!" I started to cry.

"Shut it you!" He spat to my face.

"Lewis I'm warning you...give up Monica." David strode slowly towards us.

"I should have killed you when I had the chance." Lewis shot a glare to David.

"Drop the gun and let go of the girl!" One of the officers ordered.

"No or she will die!" Lewis started to sweat like crazy and tears started to swell in his eyes. "I've gotten so far that I'm not willing to lose! NOT NOW OR NEVER!

My heart bounced in my chest and my head throbbed with fear.

What is going on with Lewis?!

David's eyes locked in with mine. His eyes told me everything. He was worried sick for me.

"Get the other one here." Lewis spoke to his ear piece.

"Who did you call?" David frowned.

"Who else?" Lewis smirked.

Jenny~

I drove my car to the same place where Monica's kidnappers took all my money.

"It seems they are late." My whole self saddened.

"Give me the steering wheel." Emma demanded.

"Wait why?" I asked.

"Get out of the car and let me drive."

"Emma why?" I asked again.

Emma ran out of patience and got out from the passenger seat only to forcefully open my side of the door.

"Her life will be in your conscience if you don't let me drive." Her face held no expression.

I tried to hesitate but finally gave up to obey. I got out from the driver seat and took the passenger's side.

"Emma why the urge to drive?" I questioned her.

"You want Monica alive or not?!" She spat.

I flinched back in my seat. Never have Emma spoken to me like this before.

"Sorry." She sighed. "But you should have seen this coming." Her eyes darkened.

Monica~

I tried struggling free but Lewis just held tight to the gun on my head.

"I just need her to marry me so then we can die together." He whispered as tears slid out from both of his eyes.

"What?!" I gasped.

He went through all the trouble of kidnapping me just so we will die together. This man lost all of his marbles.

"Money..." He whispered. "I need all of it."

All the officers remained still and pointing their guns to us. No one moved a muscle. Outside the rain pour and the distant screeching of wheels were heard nearby.

"Now there's two." A voice appeared out of nowhere.

Everyone's gazes went to the owner of the voice. Standing by the door was Emma pointing a gun to Jenny's head.