Chapter 1

"Monica?"

I felt someone tug on my shoulder. I rolled over to my side to stare into two chocolate brown eyes.

I stared at my clock and it glowed 3:56 am.

"Sorry my love." Lewis kissed my forehead. "Just wanted to say goodbye before I go. I came back only to give you a kiss."

"Go where?" I rubbed my eyes and sat up.

"Business trip." He replied quickly.

"At this time?" I frowned.

"Aha." He kissed my cheek and stood up from the bed. "I got a message just a few minutes ago telling me to go to Arizona for my business."

"Arizona?! Buts that's far from here. When will you return?"

"In six months."

I felt my heart sadden. That meant I will be single for a while.

"I love you Monica. I'll be back as soon as possible."

"I love you too." I pulled him in and kissed his lips.

This will be the last til he returns....

"Take care Monica." He spoke in between kisses.

"You have to take care." I giggled. I jumped out of bed and jumped in his arms.

"I'm going to miss you." I embraced him tight.

"I as well."

I walked him to the door and gave him one last kiss before he left around a corner.

"Lewis..." I sighed.

Outside was dark and chilly. I went back inside and leaned against the door. I was alone.

For once I felt scared. Living in the city isn't easy went crime happens every few hours. I locked the doors and went back to bed. I pulled the cover over me and kept thinking on Lewis.

"He'll be okay." I whispered myself to sleep.
"Tomorrow will be another day."