Chapter 10

It is 3 months later and I am all better; mentally and physically. My dad was sentenced life in prison and Paisley never contacted me again. Tyler and I have become really close. He has stuck by me through all of it.
I am packing up the last of my stuff when Tyler comes into the room.
"Hey." He says cheerfully.
"Hello." I reply with a great big smile on my face.
"So what are you doing from here? Are you gonna stay with me until you're back on your feet or do you want to get your own place?" He asks with one eyebrow raised.
"Honestly I would really like if I could stay with you." I say.
"Well I guess you're staying with me then." He says happily. I smile and bite my lip whilst staring at him.
"Uh I need to stop at my old house to get my clothes." I say sadly.
"Okay." He agrees.

We are driving down my road and all of those horrible memories come flooding back. I close my eyes and breath. We pull up outside of my house and I can't bring myself to go in.
"I can't do it." I whimper.
"You are strong Lux, you can do it." He says rubbing my shoulder.
I get out of the car and walk through the front door. Everything is smashed up. I go straight to our garden and Hayley's grave has been destroyed. The police had to dig her body up for the doctors to do an autopsy. I take a deep breath in and turn around. I walk up to my room and start packing my clothes. I find a box filled with memories. Tyler sits on the floor next to me and I pull out pictures of my mum and I, my baby books, first pair of shoes, pictures of me and Hayley and even old toys.
"You were a cute baby." Tyler says trying to lighten the mood. I laugh painfully and continue looking through the box. I put it all back and decide to take it with me. I go into Hayley's room and it smells just like her. I take a few of her things with me. The last place I go is my dads room. I go to the closet and find my mums section; I look through all of her dresses and grab my favourite gown. It is a black floor length chiffon gown. I grab her perfume, jewellery, photo albums and wedding photo (I tear my dad out of it).
Tyler pulls me close to him and I sob into his chest.
"I just miss her so much." I wail.
"I know." He say smoothing down my hair.

We get to his apartment and I put all my stuff down. It is very nice. There are a lot of instruments scattered around the place but in a nice way.
"Thank you so much for everything Tyler." I say.
"It's fine Lux."

Once I have sorted all of my stuff out I go for a shower and get in my pyjamas. Tyler and I sit watching Tv and talking until at least 4am; I fall asleep cuddled up to Tyler on his couch. I feel so relaxed and I have never felt happier.

_________________________
So there isn't going to be a lot of drama from now but a lot of romance.
Hope you're enjoying the story I'm enjoying writing it
-Jess