Chapter 19

"This is our house." I say in a baby voice. I walk up the stairs and to her bedroom.
"This is your bedroom. When you get to be a big girl you are not having any boys in here." I continue.
"You're not having any boys in the house full stop." Tyler says in his baby voice making silly faces at Dahlia. I roll my eyes and continue with the tour.
"Your uncle is going to be here soon with your cousins." I say bouncing her up and down. I put Dahlia in her swing. I sit staring at her whilst Tyler unpacks our bags.
"She is so precious." I whisper. She is rubbing her face with her hands and blowing little bubbles. I tickle her cheeks and chest making weird noises at her. Tyler comes over and picks her back up. He is such a good dad. He rocks her back and forth and pokes his tongue out at her; she copies him.
We are such a happy family.
*ding dong* 
I walk to the door and open it to see Dannie, my brother and the kids.
"Hey!" I say.
"Hiya." Dannie says coming in and kissing me on the cheek.
"Hi Lux." Aiden says hugging me.
"Hi auntie Lux." The kids say. The kids run into the yard and jump into the pool. We all sit out there and chat. Dahlia is up for her nap; I have the baby monitor next to me. She has one of those heartbeat sensors under her mattress. We sit for about 20 minutes then an alarm starts to go off on the monitor. Tyler jumps up and starts to panic. We run upstairs to Dahlias room to check if she's okay. She is in there crying; Tyler grabs her and holds her close to his chest. He pats her on the back to calm her down. I can see him trying not to cry.
"Tyler she's okay." I say rubbing his back.
"But her heartbeat stopped." He hisses.
"They malfunction all the time sweetie, she is fine." He pulls himself away from me and continues to cuddle Dahlia.
"I promised her I wouldn't let anything happen to her and something almost did." He says harshly. I look at him in disbelief and storm off. He stays up there with her for half an hour just cuddling and talking to her. He eventually comes down holding her in his arms.
"She needs to feed." He says shyly.
"Okay. If you guys don't mind." I get up and take Dahlia from Tyler. I go into the kitchen to feed her.
"Hey man you don't need to worry like that." Aiden says. Tyler just frowns.
"Seriously take it from someone who has 2 kids and another on the way. We used one of those heartbeat things with Haydon and it went off at least twice a night; he was always okay." Dannie says. This kind of calms Tyler but he is still on high alert.

The sensor goes off a lot in the first week and Tyler is up every time making sure she is okay. One night it goes off but he ignores it. Half an hour later I go in for her 3am feeding and she isn't breathing. I run back into mine and Tyler's room.
"Tyler she isn't breathing!" I yell. He jumps up and runs into her bedroom. He picks her up and falls to the floor crying. I quickly call an ambulance.

____________________________
Shorter chapter.
Hope you enjoy
-Jess