Chapter 20

The paramedics arrive and start CPR on her. They put a little breathing mask on her and take her to hospital; I get in the back of the ambulance with Dahlia and Tyler follows in the car. After hours of waiting we finally get a result.
"We were able to revive her but unfortunately she has to go into open heart surgery to remove a tumour on her heart." The doctor says. I fall back in the chair and sob. Tyler pulls me into his chest and rest his chin on the top of my head; we both cry together.
After the surgery they let us see her. She is in a little incubator with a breathing tube shoved down her throat with wires coming off of her. I feel myself start to cry again.
"Well I guess I will see every girl in my life with tubes and wires coming off of them in an intensive care unit." Tyler sobs.
"Tyler don't be like that." I say.
"Well it's true." He cries.
I hold his hand and with the other I hold Dahlia's.
"If I had got up and checked if she was okay this wouldn't have happened." He whispers.
"If you got up and checked if she was okay it would have gotten worse because we wouldn't have known." I say. "You ignoring it saved her life."
"Well I guess." Tyler hugs me tight and leaves the room. I stand there staring down at Dahlia.
"She is going to be okay." The doctor says.
"Really?" I say hopefully.
"Everything went as planned the tumour is completely gone and she is fine we just need to keep her in for a week or so for observation."
"Thank you so much." I tell Tyler the good news and his face lights up instantly.

One night we are sat in the hospital watching Dahlia when, she stops breathing. The machine flatlines and nurses flood into the room. It all happens so fast; Tyler and I try to find out as much information as possible but nobody is telling us anything.
"We deserve to know what is going on with our daughter!" I scream banging on the door. I fall to the floor balling my eyes out. Tyler picks me up but I try to push him away and fight it. He grabs my shoulders and shakes me gently.
"Lux stop! Lux you need to stop this now!" He yells.
"I can't." I cry. "That's my baby girl."
"She is my baby girl too." He says pulling me close to his chest; this time I don't resist and cry into his sweatshirt.
"I'm so sorry Mr Joseph and Mrs Cassidy but your daughter has sadly passed."

______________________________
Sorry short chapter and haven't put anything lately
-Jess