Chapter 25

We all sit in the hotel room; Dahlia asleep between Tyler and I on the bed and Josh on the couch. We all start to nod off: Josh then Tyler and eventually me.

I wake up and Dahlia isn't lying next to me like she was when I fell asleep. Tyler and Josh are still sleeping. I look around and notice the window is smashed and wide open. My heart stops.
"No. Oh my god. No." I whisper, I put my hands to the sides of my head and panic.
"No!" I scream. Tyler and Josh shoot up; Tyler also notices Dahlia is gone. He shakes his head in disbelief and Josh realises what has happened. I grab my phone and call 911.
"Hi 911 what is your emergency?" A monotone voice says.
"I need to speak to your chief superintendent!" I yell down the phone. After some explaining I am put through.
"Miss Cassidy what is going on?" Jared, the chief superintendent, says.
"You and your team didn't do a very good job clearly! My daughter was kidnapped in the middle of the night probably by that sick woman!" I shout down the phone.
"Right you need to calm down." He says. Tyler takes the phone off of me and Josh tries to comfort me.
"I'm sorry sir just this is our 8 month old daughter we're talking about and you promised us security." Tyler says calmly but with sadness in his voice.
"I realise that Mr Joseph but we did have more important cases to deal with."
"I understand sir but we need our daughter found. We don't know what Fate is capable of and she potentially has our daughter. She is clearly willing to do anything to get to me."
"Thank you Mr Joseph for your cooperation I will get a group of my lead detectives on the case."
"Thank you, please let us know as soon as you find anything out."
"We will. We are going to have some detectives visit the hotel room you're staying in, interview you and search the suite."
"That's fine. Thank you so much sir. Have a nice day."
"And you Mr Joseph." Tyler ends the call and opens his arms to hug me. I throw myself at him and cry into his chest. He sits me down and tells me what is going to happen. This information mildly calms my nerves but I am petrified to know what that freak is doing to my baby.

The officers search the room and outside, they interview us then leave. It is all so scary, like we are in a real life TV drama but even scarier. I sit for hours hoping and praying they have found my princess.
Days, weeks, months pass and they have nothing. It is 2 weeks until her 1st birthday and I believe I will not get to spend it with her. The police department are starting to come to the conclusion she is dead. That is the scariest thing. Everyone hopes to get the call that their baby has been found but I fear mine won't be so happy; they will probably call telling me they found her but tell me they found her dead. I start to resent Tyler and Josh. If it wasn't for them and their little girlfriend and tours I would be sat in my living room with Tyler watching Dahlia be the happy little girl she is....or was. Instead I'm sitting in my living room on my second bottle of wine hating the father of my baby because he should've done more to keep her safe.
There are sleeping pills on the coffee table calling my name; I reach for them but a small hand pulls me back. I turn around and Hayley is standing behind the couch.
"Don't do it again Lux." She whispers. Tears well up in my eyes and my heart begins to hurt.
"I can't lose my baby. I don't want to go through that hurt." I whimper.
"Lux I've been watching over Dahlia and I need to tell you something." Hayley says putting her hand on my shoulder.

___________________________
Hope you're enjoying the story. Vote and comment if you like it. Have a great day/night
-Jess